We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Let's get this sorted then!
Comments
-
You are soooo close to being sub £20k!
Unsecured debt at Worst June 2024 - £47,772.48Current unsecured debt Aug 2026 - £27,160.69Debt gone forever - 26 months - £20,611.79 (43%)Debt free date goal December 2027
Mortgage Oct 2025 £180,386 - Currently £176,289.
Overpayments: 2025 £436.14, 2026 £374.94EF £7,588.33/£10,0002 -
So close @BrimfulofSascha, hopefully in October.
I love these long weekends. It takes me at least 2 days to recover from a week at work, so I'm usually just recovering as I start again. I used to work 4 days a week when I lived in NZ, and I'd love to go back to that again at some point in the future.
Accidental happiness was finding that the new hose I bought for Hetty was a super long one that means I can hoover the stairs (all but the very last step) while she sits at the bottom. The Great Seasonal Dog Shedding is just starting so that will be very helpful.
I've had a busy Friday and Saturday and a chilled Sunday and Monday, but now I need to turn the work laptop on for a few hours. I have an overdue task that has been on my mind for months so I am convincing myself that I am exactly the sort of person that can switch their brain on and get things done. It's just who I am. No question about it!
Also it might mean I can spend half hour checking balances and updating my signature during work hours tomorrow and that is very exciting.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1006 -
It will be such a good feeling for you when you see that drop below 20k, keep trying to be kind to yourself on the journey though. It needs to be sustainable and leave you with some room for the little joys in life too even at the cost of the debt journey extending a bit. You are doing so well.
5 -
As I wrote a few days ago, I'm trying to close my credit card with zero balance. I complained to Naffwest because I couldn't log in to close the account last week. They've given me £100 credit on the credit card I'm trying to close as compensation.But I still can't log in to use it or close it. 🙈
Free £100 though I guess?!? Just gotta figure out quite literally how to use it when I have no card details and no access to the account.
ETA I've just replied to the email and asked them to send new online banking registration details. You know, so I can re register, get into the app, use that £100 compensation for something useful, and close the account 😄
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1002 -
Not everything has been paid yet, my Ll DD hasn't cleared yet, but I need the motivation so I've updated my signature anyway.
My debt now starts with a 2 and a 0!!
It all seemed so impossible when it started with 36, actually all the 30s. Since it got to about 25k it's felt a lot easier. That might also be because I changed jobs and could pay more off, but whatever, it feels good to see those numbers coming down!!
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1007 -
🥳 Well done, you have made amazing progress, you should be really proud of yourself. Here is to the 19's 😊
1 -
👏👏👏
You are doing an amazing job - those numbers look great!
1 -
Got a settlement figure for my loan. I currently owe £4,550 but if I clear it by the end of the month I'll get £672 interest refunded so only need £3,877 to clear it. I can't pay it off yet but with that sort of reduction I'm more confident that I can pay it off by the new year (if no disasters happen).
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1004 -
These numbers are getting so good.
Unsecured debt at Worst June 2024 - £47,772.48Current unsecured debt Aug 2026 - £27,160.69Debt gone forever - 26 months - £20,611.79 (43%)Debt free date goal December 2027
Mortgage Oct 2025 £180,386 - Currently £176,289.
Overpayments: 2025 £436.14, 2026 £374.94EF £7,588.33/£10,0001 -
Well done on being in the 20s!
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards