We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Let's get this sorted then!
Comments
-
Thanks both. I try.
Some people try to make it very hard for me, but I have to remember that it's probably because they hate their own lives and hate seeing others content.
Some people have tried very hard today, but my animals are happy, and old friend called around after work, and the collared doves in my garden showed me this evening that one of their babies survived the cat attack of a few months ago. The three of them called into my garden together for a fresh drink of water.
I am very rich in life.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1008 -
Not only are you rich in life, you have done so amazingly well at debt conquering and not a million miles off having a 1 at the start of your total!!!
My rich in life today was having a lovely evening of card games with my teenmonsters and my Mum, lots of laughter!
July 2024 £12,150 Oct 26 Hfax £1,315, Bclycrd £2,694, Lyds £565, Nwide £290 & bnpl £30 Total £4,894
2026 mortgage overpayments £287/£4004 -
Ooooo that's a nice thought @biggerpickle !
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1002 -
Money has been spent. There's an obvious link between stress at home and me buying things to cheer up the home. Only some cheap throws for the sofa (because I finally found some that dog hair doesn't stick to) and a replacement hose and tools for Hetty. Oh and a cheap wind chime. It all came to about £40 and I can take it out of the kitchen tiles fund.
I am pretty much out of spending money now though. I also bought some fruit teas because somebody on here reminded me that I used to love them. It might help with my ridiculous caffeine intake at the moment. I worked away on Tuesday so spent money on food. It was at my second favourite service station so definitely a treat.
I would like to buy some cheap bedding plants on the weekend if I can squeeze out another £6. The flowers in the baskets on the gate have dried to dust and I think it'll be too late to sow them from seed. I'll decide after my weekly finance update on Friday.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1004 -
Sorry I've been a bad influence with the fruit tea 😆 I hope you rediscover your enjoyment of them.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2 -
You outed yourself @Sun_Addict ! I was brave and went for 2 flavours I hadn't had before. Just about to try the marmalade one.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1001 -
Still struggling with the home situation, though I am trying my best to not let it get to me too much. I volunteered for my local parkrun today and got asked by a few of the ladies that I sometimes walk it with to join them for a bacon roll afterwards. Despite the struggles and the temptation to move, I'm continuing with the plan to embed myself in the local community. They were telling stories of the area in the olden days, the well known families, and the school that used to be next to my house.
I forgot to do my weekly finances last night so I'll do them tonight.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1003 -
It’s such a shame about the situation as everything else sounds good. Stay strong.
I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪2 -
I've been playing around with my figures tonight, seeing how quickly I can pay off the roof loan. It seems a bit of a stretch when I still owe £4,875. I'll get a settlement figure off them in September as it should be a bit lower than that. I can withdraw my £300 from Etoro (got a free 100) at the end of September, and I've got a regular saver maturing at the end of October, which should be £2,800 plus interest. I was hoping to use that money for the installation etc of a new kitchen but I can't get a new kitchen til the loan is paid off anyway, so I might as well use it pay off some loan and start saving again. So that's 3100 I can pay off in two lumps, and I'll still be paying £325 at the start of September and the start of October (so another £650) making it £3,750 I can pay off by the end of October (if my maths is correct). If there is then about £1,000 left owing that seems much more manageable to clear, around 3 months of the payments I'm making soooo….. Nov, Dec, and Jan. It could be cleared by the first week of January.
So mid September get a settlement figure, end of September pay the approx £300 from Etoro off it, start of October make my £325 payment, then end of October pay the matured regular saver balance off the loan. Re-evaluate then.
Wouldn't it be lovely to have a new kitchen in time for my birthday in May? I know I still have a lot of debt to think about but I have to stay motivated. I could invite friends over for the first time in 6 or 7 years!! Lots to think about between now and then, but it is nice to have something happy to think about.
Debts 04/01/25 01/09/26
Natwest X2 £14,122.71 -
Barclaycard - £9,977
Lloyds CC £6,112.60 £3,595
1st Direct CC £176.03 £31.47
CC total £20,411.34 £13,603.47
OD £1100 £0
Car loan £4,000 £2,600
1st Direct Loan £10,684.44 £4,550
Total £36,195.78 £20,753.47
EF £2,550
HF £1006 -
You are doing amazingly well. Clearing the loan in the early new year will be a huge bonus. I say go for the kitchen if you can afford to, necessary house improvements are not frivolous!
"Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
