Royal Mail Redirection service a RIP OFF!

Options
123457»

Comments

• marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So in effect, it wasn't 100% effective ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • fedupofgettingrippedoff
    fedupofgettingrippedoff Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 21 February 2010 at 6:22PM
    Options
    Royal Mail redirection is definitely a rip off and pants. It seems to be run by complete idiotic morons that are soooo incompetent its laughable. Royal Mail is a joke and I really do wish it would be bought off and cease to exist!!!!!!!I have used the service 3 times OUT OF DESPERATION! I agree with the comments that the best thing isa) asap change all your addresses...but yes you have the odd mail that slips the net or you forgot to change sob) ask the new occupiers/tenants (maybe give them a gift??) to cross off the address and write: send to [new address] This is free and you get it delivered!!!!! DO NOT PAY FOR A STUPID REDIRECTION SERVICE BY ROYAL MAIL! I cannot stress that enough until they get their frikkin !!! into gear.If the new tenants/or like in our case previous address was shared by people you cannot trust and you hate then its just TOUGH !!!!. Well thats what the people at royal mail practically told me when I rang to complain.The first time I did a redirection for one month from a london address to another. I received like 2 pieces of mail in total. I rang them to say that I think I didnt get all my mail as I really think I should have got abit more mail, even if it was junk. They told me 'woops your redirection has finished so we cant do anything about it' What a slap in the face. Well I didnt renew it cos I had my doubts. A few months later I moved again unfortunately. Soooo again I chnaged all my mail addresses but I thought in case I forgot a few....I set up a redirection with my b/f so we BOTH had to pay (different surnames) and we lived with total dicks so I didnt want them to get hold of my mail. We set up the redirection for 3 months. THIS time, I tried to keep on top of it...you know moving is bad enough you dont have TIME to be chasing your old mail in the first month with moving and working in a new job and setting a phone line and frikkin internet connection before you reaslise ...actually your mail isnt quite trickling through....so I rang them 'hah she cant tell me this time that my redirection has expired cos its 3 frikkin months long'. So this time she said i'm sorry i'll talk to the depot office place. 'but you cant get any compensation as its the first time you called'. OK. Oh and by the way the reason i wasnt getting my mail (but my b/f did) was cos my name was second on the form.......so they didnt read it. !!!!!!??!! They made me pay extra for this and then for one month they had been redirecting only my b/f and not mine and no compensation. I get the odd mail now but I dont trust them.Next time I post a letter to myself. Low and behold TWO weeks later I still dont have it. I know its gone to the old address. I ring them and tell them. 'sorry we will ring the office again and tell them to be more vigilant'. I can get compensation...extension by one month or 2nd class stamps. I wanted to laugh my frikkin !!! off. I said to them that there is no way that I will renew my redirection with them because they are so incompetent and I refuse to pay another penny. I opted for the 2nd class stamps. Oh and they wrote a letter to the old address to surrender any post they may have received for us...cos I explained we cant go back to the old address as a) it was too frikkin far and b) the people that lived there were dicks and would not give us back any mail what soever for a fact.I DON'T receive the stamps...very puzzled. But do you know what I get instead? God the postie office are being so vigilant I get post of the dicks that live at the address!!!!!!!!! OMG!! Now you tell me? Are they incomperent fools or what? What did we pay £60 odd for? So I ring them again. I ddint mention that I received others post cos I was still miffed that I wasnt getting mine.....ok so thi sis the 3rd month and she now says to me...oh but the office told me that they hardly have any post for you...well yeah i would hope not as it is 3 months now but something is still not quite right. I think the old address is still getting some of my mail. 'oh but we asked them and they said they havent had any' !!!!!! I told them they would keep any mail and wouldnt admit to it !!!!!!???? Oh and thats why they decided after telling me they will send me stamps that now they wont as the old address say they didnt get the mail and the postie says he didnt deliver any...like i'm really sure he checked knob heads.Then at the 3 month stage they send a reminder letter to renew. I tell you I do not want to renew but b/f does...'just in case' cos his dumb job still havent updated their HR records of his new address so we try and do it online and guess what? The dicks ROYAL MAIL try and charge us DOUBLE.Well in the end he had to ring and set up another one. So the dicks are very clever and its another 3 month redirection but just with his name. We hardly get any mail. In fact none but about 1-2 letters of the current !!!!!! occupiers, which cos we dont like them, we didnt return either but just bin it. THEN in the 3rd month we get mail from a COMPLETELY different old address!I am baffled. Whos head do we smack together?DO NOT USE ROYALMAIL REDIRECTION or any other keepsafe or !!!! from them and IF YOU HAVE to then a) invest in a packet of 2nd class stamps and keep sending yourself pretend mail to the old address to make sure it finally gets to you and b) keep on ringing/emailing/badgering them to make sure they LISTEN but they are utterly thick on the phone and I couldnt belive one of the guys i spoke to said 'well you can set up a callandcollect where you collect the mail from the sorting office yourself but you additionally pay for that'!! !!!!!! the cheek of the !!!! head.
  • Oh and I forgot to mention...I cant ring and complain cos its my b/f redirection now. And the 3/4 odd times I had to ring for our last redirection doesnt count cos he had to set up a new one so a new complaint counts as the first one and not the 5th one!!! If it is more than 3 times we complain then they do refund you but you'll probably have died by then.
  • no wonder we get all this identity theft especially in london cos royal mail are a part of it. the cheats.....can you tell i hate them?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    do you hate paragraphs too?
  • well no actually I put lots of spaces in between and paragraphs but this website just ignored them. And in some places where I pressed enter, the two words are joined up! But anyway it was very therapeutic getting that off my chest..I will ring them on monday. I can let you know how i get on if you want............
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    well i dont know your problem as i cant read that massive chunk of text
  • littlescottie
    Options
    I've had a redirection set up now for almost 3 months - it worked fine until we sold our house and someone new moved in.

Now, I'm getting the new persons post redirected to my address, and none of my own!!!

I rang up - was given a reference number, and told to write on the letter that it was redirected in error and to put the post back in the post box. 2 days later - the same post was re-delivered to my new address!!!

Still no post of my own, and no way of getting the post back to the person in my old house. (Seeing as we moved to the other end of the country, I can't exactly go and hand deliver it!).

I was going to renew the redirection for another 3 months, but what is the point if its not working anyway. Good old Royal Mail!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure