🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Royal Mail Redirection service a RIP OFF!

Options

Comments

• Lisey_Loo
    Lisey_Loo Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Contact Postwatch.

I complained to RM about the postie jamming a DVD in my letterbox and damaging it.
    They totally refused to reimburse me for it, until I got Postwatch involved. I had a cheque from RM within days.

Don`t let them get away with charging you for a service, and not providing it.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    UPDATE! I finally managed to get in touch with the Customer Service Manager, and was still told that they dont do refunds as they have no refund department. They upped the stake by offering me 8 1st class stamps, but I told them if I want 8 stamps, I would simply go to the Post Office and buy 8 stamps, and certainly wouldnt pay £25 for them. They say thats the best they can offer me.

This is far beyond a joke, if it is legal for a company to charge for a service that isnt provided, and state that this cannot be refunded, I dont see why the Royal Mail dont just do it to everybody blatently telling them that they only collect the cash, nothing more, and coin it in.

I would strongly recommend people DONT use this service, as Royal Mail offer no garauntees nor refunds, moreso they are quite happy to tell you this AFTER they have taken your money.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    bear in mind (and this goes for most rm stuff) that for every 1 complaint theres 000's of items delivered/dealt with without problem
    I really dont think thats what people want to hear, whilst they get ripped off by them. If I bought a 40" telly from Dixons, and it didnt work, simply having someone tell me that it cannot be replaced or refunded and then smugly saying "but a lot of our tellys DO work", doesnt even come close to cutting it.
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Postwatch's complaints page for you is here: http://www.postwatch.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=557
    marleyboy wrote: »
    I would strongly recommend people DONT use this service, as Royal Mail offer no garauntees nor refunds, moreso they are quite happy to tell you this AFTER they have taken your money.

Sorry that's extreme.

I've used the service 3 times and it's only gone wrong once. And my complaints got it correctly quickly plus and extension of the service. I'm currently using it with no problems and the only thing I can suggest is that when you first use it you sign up for the minimum period to check the people at your local delivery office know what they are doing.

Plus I'm puzzled why when you know you are moving you don't inform your bank asap followed by other institutions. Banks are now much quicker than they use to be in changing people's addresses so lots of address changes are operational within 1-2 weeks. After all if you buy stuff online or via the phone you will be giving out the wrong address and can have your order blocked.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The PO is carp:o:eek:
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    olly300 wrote: »
    Postwatch's complaints page for you is here: http://www.postwatch.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=557

Sorry that's extreme.

Plus I'm puzzled why when you know you are moving you don't inform your bank asap followed by other institutions. Banks are now much quicker than they use to be in changing people's addresses so lots of address changes are operational within 1-2 weeks. After all if you buy stuff online or via the phone you will be giving out the wrong address and can have your order blocked.
    Yes I apoligise thats a little extreme, but I had already informed the banks, and relevant contacts of my change of address, so presumed I had everything intact, but i paid the fee as extra security in case some slip through, which in this case they did. The point of the £25 fee was to ensure this did not happen, which it did, even after being reported that it was happening, only to be ensured that it would not happen again, which it did, constantly. So what exactly did I pay for? Why arent I entitled to a refund?
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cheers for the Link olly300, well spotted ;)
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
  • shoppaholic_returns
    Options
    they do, do refunds on the re-direction service!!!, we had many of the same problems over a year ago with 2 re-directions a personal one and a corporate one to the same address, service was so shocking and I had to complain so many times they refunded us the full amount for both redirections and kept it going until we had paid for it.

dont take their cr*p, the only thing I could think of different to your scenario was a corporate redirection was involved?

hope this helps
  • anitamarie
    Options
    I can better that - my parents are away and asked for mail to be held back at the Post Office as we have a little box at the front of our drive which would quickly overflow as it only takes a few days worth of mail (rural area, postie wouldn't dream of walking to the front door). After two weeks I drove over to check on the place for them and Postie came strolling down the drive and put mail in my hand.
    Me: "Hello, surprised to see you. Did you know my parents are away and that we'd asked for mail to be held back?"
    Postie: "Yes."
    Me: "So, if I hadn't been here, would you have taken the mail back to the Post Office or something?"
    Postie: "No, no, I've just returned it all to sender for the last two weeks."
    Me: [breathing deeply] "Please don't do that as I'm sure they do want to read their mail. Please keep it at the Post Office as requested."

You are not alone.
  • marleyboy
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yet they still insist that they dont do refunds, so there is nothing they can do but say "it shouldnt have happened, and for the third time, it wont happen again"
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate