Nominate Post of the Month for January 08

January Post of the Month Winner:

It was a very difficult decision as ever, as each of the nominations were well deserved. This month's winner though is Sammy_Kaye for the £100 food budgeting thread. Sammy_Kaye, could you send me a private message with your name and address?

Update 1 Feb: Nominations for January's Post of the Month are now closed but if you've spotted a post you'd like to nominate then you can to it on the February Post of the Month thread

Please nominate your most useful/helpful Post of the Month £50 Award by replying in this thread. Remember, you're nominating, NOT voting - there is a difference! :smiley:

Also, please don't lobby to win the prize - as Martin says, it's not cricket!

Please include:

A. A hyperlink to the specific thread/post - highlight the web address of the thread/post when you're viewing it from the address bar at the top of the screen and copy (press 'control' and 'c') and paste ('control' and 'v').

B. Why you think they should recieve the award (no more than one paragraph please!).
[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• globalds
    globalds Posts: 9,431 Forumite
    For me it would have to be "Spare a thought for Rick"
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=651241
    Not financially helpfull....But sometimes it is worth finding out money is not the most imortant thing
  • Hi q_b

We don't worry too much about the exact date a thread was first posted. As you've noticed, a winning thread may wellhave been started in the previous month but the benefit of it may not fully show up until later on so we're not too worried about specifics.

Andrea :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • globalds wrote: »
    For me it would have to be "Spare a thought for Rick"
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=651241
    Not financially helpfull....But sometimes it is worth finding out money is not the most imortant thing

And me , and the £50 could go towards the relatives room collection that the OP is doing to make other peoples lives in hospital a bit easier .
    Baby Thomas born 3 months early by emergency section on 21/1/09 weighing 1lb 15ozs .
    Thomas came home after 3 months and 2 days in hospital weighing 5lb 15ozs
    Thomas weighed 21lb 4ozs on his 1st birthday , a total weight gain of 18lbs 5ozs !
  • whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=640131

I don't know if my link will work. But I want to nominate nykmedia's Live off £4000 for 2008 thread as I think this is going to make a massive difference to many, many people (even more than the 105 challengees registered).
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • eco
    eco Posts: 1,147 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think I have put this in the wrong place but I've heard of a website where you can get cheaper pet medicenes it's www.petsdispensary.co.uk great if you use the products from the vets,
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'd like to nominate Apinnyon for this post. For showing that more money does not equal happiness, and that the simple things in life are what counts.
  • I'd like to nominate "Spare a thought for Rick".
    Not just because the OP & his family have had such an awful time of late, but because it has highlighted to many of us how important it is to give blood! I've booked to give blood after a long spell of not doing it just because of this thread.
    Comping again - wins so far : 2 V festival tix, 2 NFL tix, 6 bottles of wine, personalised hand soap, Aussie miracle conditioner :beer:

Married my best friend 15/4/16 :)
  • safesound
    safesound Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    I second Thriftlady's nomination. Apinnyon reminds us that money doesnt equal happiness

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=665307
    :A:A:A:A:A:A
  • Nomad25
    Nomad25 Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    I'd like to nominate Toothsmith for all his posts. I haven't asked any q's of him yet, but have read many of the threads to which he contributes - some of the q's are very lengthy and yet he always answers with patience, simple yet detailed explanations and a touch of humour and without the OP having to wait too long. I think he has helped a lot of people and put their minds at rest.
  • Charis
    Charis Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    I'd like to nominate Ceridwen for her thread 'Simplifying Life' both for its usefulness and for the fact that it has been viewed 21½ thousand times already and its only been on here just over two weeks.

Charis
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport