Kybotech Ltd

Options

Comments

• weejb
    weejb Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Guess what??? I still haven't got my shed!

That's about 6 weeks down the line.......6 weeks since they took £500 from me and have been earning interest. 6 weeks of lies, misinformation and evasiveness.

I am looking forward to enjoying my shed when I retire. That gives them another 30 years to get it here.

To anyone from Kybotech reading this.....in my experience you are a bunch of Charlatans. finger.gif
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Still highest on the unpopular list and it seems no hiding place place for them - and quite rightly so.

Still no input from Charles the MD on customer care or satisfaction, or lack of it. Very rude. Mind you, he and his team have probably realised that he was contributing to his own downfall by answering these type of complaints online taking Kybotech further up page 1 of 'google' searches.

I would also like to point out at this stage, that it is amazing there seems to be a lot of recent 'positive' posts (shortly after this one took off) on the links I mentioned at the start of this thread, which complained about Kybotech.

Now I'm not saying for one minute that because the majority of posters (who by-the-way have only submitted that particular comment) have anything to gain for submitting such a comment, or the fact that the more positive remarks in such sites reduces the position of 'Kybotech' when 'googled' ????? - mmmmm, enough said, make your own mind up what's happening .............
  • matt24754
    Options
    I came upon this forum after experiencing Kybotech's customer services first hand so decided to add my experience.
    I was interested in purchasing a new barbecue which had a rotisserie and found a likely contender on their "Flaming Barbecues" website. As no rotisserie info had been provided on the site, I email'd Customer Services to find out how it was powered and what weight restriction it had.
    I was certain that the rotisserie was not electric powered, gas powered, solar powered, wind powered, hydro electric powered or nuclear powered - so the reply that came back stating that it was battery powered hardly added much value. It was accompanied with the statement that "We can not advise a specific weight limit for this item".
    I then asked that, if they could not tell me the weight limitation, perhaps they could advise the number and type of batteries that were needed. The complete reply came back as
    "The battery size is D".
    O.K. - this has now shed some light on the subject but why haven't they told me the number of batteries as I had asked? One last try I thought - so I email'd again to ask how many were needed and the full reply received was This will require batteries".
    Jesus Christ - is this some sort of national secret?
    I have now given up thinking that it would make any sense ordering anything from a company that can't even respond to simple questions at a time when, if answered swiftly and fully, could have resulted in an easy sale.
    To those who have had a favourable experience with Kybotech- "congratulations" - I am not taking the risk.

• The_Craft_Cabin
    Options
    I too have had the unfortunate experiance of dealing with Kybotech, same story, bought a shed, didnt deliver as per email sent, no response to emails etc... Have'nt yet had a refund.

I have now been in touch with trading standards and consumer rights. I have done as they have said, sent a letter using royal mail recorded delivery, giving them 10 days to refund me for my Billyoh shed that never arrived as they have broken the specific date express term agreement. Trading standards have been great, I am doing everything as suggested by them firstly sending a letter via recorded delivery, rather than calling them on the phone, as letter formats are official proof. They say I will definately get my money back. I told the trading standards guy about this forum, and the amount of people having problems with Kybotech, he suggested that anyone having problems get in touch with them, as the more people that complain the easier it is to get the problem sorted with a particular company.

So here is the number I have used: 08454 04 05 06, I think this is the number for consumers in wales, but please do contact them if you are having problems.
  • weejb
    weejb Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, just a quick update. I am assured by Kybotech and by their transport company that my shed will arrive on Monday morning.

Bets anyone? I wonder if it will arrive in good condition/ complete etc. :rolleyes:
  • libertysurf
    libertysurf Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well the cancellation by email has not happened as today I received an email saying delivery was still coming and would be in 47 to 52 days. As the email route did not work I had to brave the phone.
    I phoned the sales line – free, but 10 mins waiting before I got through which I know is far speedier than on the service line – and the man who answered said that he would ensure I had a refund in some number of working days that I now forget since I lost the will to live some time ago.
    • The table and chairs have arrived! All is well.
    I got a call on Thursday 12th to say the set was coming the next day (what!) and that there was no record of my cancellation. (how could that be?).
  • libertysurf
    libertysurf Posts: 608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    • The table and chairs have arrived!

Um...got an email today telling me my set is coming .... latest estimate for delivery of your Billyoh Teak Oval Extending 6 Armchair Set (2008) is 28 to 33 days.

What the ...?
  • Bertiewoo
    Options
    How I wish we'd read these threads before we ordered our garden table and chairs back at the beginning of May..................
    We received the items at 6.30am on June 6th only to discover the support for under the table is useless as the holes are in the wrong places and no screws have been provided to assemble the item either.
    Having read through other postings I plan to sit down heavily on all the chairs tomorrow to check how sturdy they are too.
    The company are a nightmare to deal with
    ''Your call is in a queue and will be answered in 71 minutes'' - totally unacceptable.
    E mails not replied to and call backs not made.
    Apparently they will have a replacement for our support by the end of June they say but are unable to get the screws either it seems.
    I know we could probably source these via a local shop but there's a principal here and I don't see why we should have to.
    OK so it's not a good summer so far but when you spend around £600 on a set of furniture that was money given to my husband by family and friends for his 50th birthday you feel very concerned about the service standards here.
    On top of this a friend of mine completely by coincidence has had problems with a childs climbing frame bought from the same firm.
    How can they be allowed to get away with these service levels. We do loads of internet shopping and have never had problems before.
    If we can't get satisfaction this week we hope to claim through the credit card we used to purchase the goods. Kybotech state they want the items wrapped in original packaging if we wish to return them - ha, ha, how did they think we would unwrap them when they were so tightly packaged and save the wrapping.
    This company make the goods you have looked forward to receiving completely tarnished by the battles you have to fight with them..........
  • Bertiewoo
    Options
    Having posted a message on this forum last weekend, things have moved on at quite a pace.
    After deciding that we really did not want to wait any longer for Kybotech to deliver replacements parts or a new table, we contacted them and asked for a full refund and item collection.
    Amazingly this happened rather more easily than trying to get hold of the goods in the first place.
    We gave up trying to contact them by phone and instead e mailed a Stephen Sparrow who I believe is quite high up the chain of command.
    After sending our message on Wednesday, the goods were picked up Thursday and amazingly the funds recredited to our credit card the same day.
    So, what do you know..................Kybotech are far more efficient at collecting orders than delivering them, against all odds.

The only thing left for us now is to track down a new table and chairs from a local company instead of going for a bargain from an unknown Internet distributor!!:T
  • smcaul
    smcaul Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    Options
    I spammed the other threads as well :) But the post in question was in this thread originally as I was "signed up" for the thread and it went within a couple of days of me posting it. I don't think it was libellous, factual probably and none to complimentry, but I try to keep my posts as close to the edge as is possible without going over.

I have tried asking why another post was deleted before, never got a response, so cant be bothered to waste my time using that email now!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure