Santander £185 Switch Offer: 18/03/24

Options

Comments

• Stargunner
    Stargunner Posts: 688 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Should it be ok to transfer in the £1500 from my Santander easy access saver, because I can't see anything in the t&Cs to say that the money has to come from an external source.
  • Stargunner
    Stargunner Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options
    can I open another Everyday account? exisiting customer
    Yes you can, I did that and I initiated a switch during the application.
  • DJSINGH
    DJSINGH Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    DJSINGH said:
    I got the amazon vouchers 5 years ago. Presume that counts as a previous incentive...!
    I and others subsequently received another switch bonus despite having received £50 Amazon switch bonus that you refer to.

Ah yes, in 2021. Just noticed I did that one!
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Would like apply but have got the incentives from co op, Barclays and NatWest recently.  I am concerned any more may think I am involved in fraud.
  • Brewer21
    Brewer21 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Options
    FIREmenow said:
    RG2015 said:
    FIREmenow said:
    Thinking of going for this one.

For those serial switchers, does anyone have a full record of Santander's past switcher deals please?  I haven't done any for years, but did quite a few in the past but can't remember when.
    Sounds like a futile exercise as the headline marketing says:

Not available if you have previously received an incentive payment to switch to a Santander current account.

https://www.santander.co.uk/personal/current-accounts

Thanks, I think I edited my post as you were replying. I did some switches in the past but can't remember if any were with Santander, but knowing the dates could help me make a more educated guess.
    I switched in to a Santander account February 2022 if that helps. I only ever switch in for incentives, later that year I switched that out to Nationwide.
  • surferstar
    surferstar Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if Santander run a hard credit check when opening the free current account? I don’t want an overdraft. My credit file has had a slight battering with all the recent switch offers, Ulster did at least one hard search. 
  • gwiddecommbe
    gwiddecommbe Posts: 33 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah I have existing account with them. Last got a switching reward in 2015. I wonder if they will go back as far as then to check? 
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,525 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    MABLE said:
    Would like apply but have got the incentives from co op, Barclays and NatWest recently.  I am concerned any more may think I am involved in fraud.
    The banks don't have any visibility of which other banks (outside their parent groups) you have accounts with, leave alone what perks you've had from them. I'm not sure how you contrue there to be a risk of tripping fraud detection.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Santander may (rightly IMO) view the Amazon BonanzaRaf as an incentive for referring a friend who had to switch - not for the switch per se.

No guarantees, but if that was the only incentive I'd had, I'd give it a go - in fact I did give it a (subsequent) go last time (2022 iirc)... and got the switching incentive without argument, as did my OH. 

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,082 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    WillPS said:
    MABLE said:
    The banks don't have any visibility of which other banks (outside their parent groups) you have accounts with, leave alone what perks you've had from them. I'm not sure how you contrue there to be a risk of tripping fraud detection.
    Have applied and account has been opened straight away plus thanks to a contributor on here went via TCP.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback