The Diary Of Onebrokelady Aged 60 And A Half

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Poor B……its horrible watching them when they’re poorly  and out of sorts ☹️
    How strange about the cat….at least the vet will sort something for it now.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Awwww - sending positive vibes for poor B. ☹️
    I hope any new neighbours will be a vast improvement on the previous tenants. I do wonder though why the landlord didn't keep more of an eye on the property. You can often tell how people live by merely looking at how the outside appears. 
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's so sad and so shocking about the house... I'm glad the cats have a plan, or at least the beginnings of plans.

Perhaps your DD would trade work with you? You help her now and she comes to help with yours later?

I would be just like you, planning what to do with a local place for sale at a price like that! Of course you could always leave a bid for it, just don't forget to factor in the auctioneer's fees. :) 
    Yes it is 😟  
    I like the idea of DD trading places but it just won't happen. I've tried to get both her and my sil to do things for me and they've never materialised. They are both incredibly busy though so I forgive them 😀 DD2 would come and help and has offered to so I might take her up on her offer. It's too late to bid now and I would be too scared in case the neighbours were horrible 😀
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Subscribed  @Onebrokelady! Well done on the cats.  What horrible ex- neighbours; I hope you get the fab ones you deserve. Happy New Year love Humdinger xx 
    Thanks for the sub Humdinger. I still don't know if the second cat house found a home because I haven't seen my neighbour today
    Happy New Year to you and yours xx
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    jwil said:
    Sorry to hear about B.  Hope she improves.

I hope you get better neighbours next time!
    Thanks B is still wobbly today but I'm hoping she will improve 🤞🤞
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    foxgloves said:
    Thank goodness those horrendous neighbours have gone. There is far too much dumping of cats & leaving them behind. Our local cat rescues are full of such poor abandoned animals & are so full to bursting that they have a waiting list. 
    Poor old B. I think she is a good age for a dog (?), but must be so sad to see her health declining. 
    I like Cherryfudge's idea of trading painting time with your daughter. You do a few hours of decorating to help her out & she repays the favour with putting those hours in when you are doing your own painting.
    F

I know they have made things horrible here in my quiet little corner and I was not enjoying living here but I'm hoping things will improve now. The man two doors down had his house on the market but it didn't sell and some of the feedback said that house put people off so he wasn't happy either. There are umpteen stray cats where I live or cats that no one seems to know who they belong to , it's so sad 😢

B is 16 and will be 17 in July if she is still with us then. I wish I hadn't taken her to the vets because she was better than this before she had the injection. 

Cherryfudge's idea is a good one but it won't happen, I won't hear from them again now until the next school holidays I expect. 
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hope B improves. In the meantime, look after yourself as worrying about a pet can take its toll
    Thanks 😊 I'm trying to look after myself and it's mostly going ok but it is stressful having tow sick animals to look after 
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Oh poor B, I hope she’s better today. It’s so sad when they get old. 
    This is the part about pet owning that I hate😟I just wish they could tell us where or if something hurts. She is very wobbly today but has been really settled this evening so I'm hoping that means she's not in pain
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    milann said:
    Poor B……its horrible watching them when they’re poorly  and out of sorts ☹️
    How strange about the cat….at least the vet will sort something for it now.
    Yes it is and it's so hard knowing if you are doing the right thing. I don't want her to be unhappy or in pain and I can't tell is she is at the moment. She seems settled tonight so hopefully she's not in pain . I'm glad the vet took the cat because he could have ended up anywhere. I don't know what's happened to the other one yet 
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Awwww - sending positive vibes for poor B. ☹️
    I hope any new neighbours will be a vast improvement on the previous tenants. I do wonder though why the landlord didn't keep more of an eye on the property. You can often tell how people live by merely looking at how the outside appears. 
    Thanks for the positive vibes for B 😊
    Im hoping for a nice family like the ones I have on the other side they are so lovely. The property was being managed by a local Estate agents so they should have been doing inspections but obviously never did any and I suspect so long as he got his rent each month he wouldn't care too much but they stopped paying so that triggered the eviction 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback