The Diary Of Onebrokelady Aged 60 And A Half

Options

Comments

• milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    That’s awful about the cats and house. Why would people want to live like that.
    I’m pleased you’re looking after yourself and staying home whilst you don’t feel well. Hope you feel,  enter soon.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,735 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I hope the cats have been taken care of now. The state of the property I can imagine , it's something I have a lot of involvement in . Have a nice rest of the week. 

Debt free April 26th 2021

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oops I forgot to do an update on B . She is definitely not right 😟 her back end keeps giving way and she has fallen over more today than normal. I think if she stays like this I will have to take her back I've still got to get a urine sample but that's proving difficult to say the least. She is still drinking loads and last night she was constantly up and down off the sofa. I've given her her usual dose of paracetamol today and she has slept all evening. She also keeps walking into things and she wet her bed last night 😟
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    That's so sad and so shocking about the house... I'm glad the cats have a plan, or at least the beginnings of plans.

Perhaps your DD would trade work with you? You help her now and she comes to help with yours later?

I would be just like you, planning what to do with a local place for sale at a price like that! Of course you could always leave a bid for it, just don't forget to factor in the auctioneer's fees. :) 
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 January at 4:27AM
    Options
    Subscribed  @Onebrokelady! Well done on the cats.  What horrible ex- neighbours; I hope you get the fab ones you deserve. Happy New Year love Humdinger xx 
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear about B.  Hope she improves.

I hope you get better neighbours next time!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,152 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank goodness those horrendous neighbours have gone. There is far too much dumping of cats & leaving them behind. Our local cat rescues are full of such poor abandoned animals & are so full to bursting that they have a waiting list. 
    Poor old B. I think she is a good age for a dog (?), but must be so sad to see her health declining. 
    I like Cherryfudge's idea of trading painting time with your daughter. You do a few hours of decorating to help her out & she repays the favour with putting those hours in when you are doing your own painting.
    F

"For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hope B improves. In the meantime, look after yourself as worrying about a pet can take its toll
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,420 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh poor B, I hope she’s better today. It’s so sad when they get old. 
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure