🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Diary Of Onebrokelady Aged 60 And A Half

Options

Comments

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    milann said:
    The new hours and retirement have made such a difference to you. It’s lovely to hear you’re full of energy and money is more manageable 👍
    Thanks Milann it's so nice working two days a week and not worrying about money all the time is such a relief 
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,707 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The books present sounds wonderful.  I would love that too. Hope you feel better tomorrow.  It has been freezing cold today. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    What an interesting idea! I will try to remember that for next year for DGD. Her birthday is very close to Christmas so she tends to get lots of presents at once, but she loves books so this would be perfect for her.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,591 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I’ve seen that book idea on a FB book group I’m on. It’s a brilliant idea. 
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,591 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 January at 9:12PM
    Options
    Forgot to add, do you still listen to the podcast I recommended Secret World of Slimming Clubs? One of the contributors has just moved very close to where I live and is commenting on the local FB group - small world 😆
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The books are a great present!  What a lovely idea!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,414 Forumite
    Options
    Love the book idea!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Forgot to add, do you still listen to the podcast I recommended Secret World of Slimming Clubs? One of the contributors has just moved very close to where I live and is commenting on the local FB group - small world 😆
    I listened up until a couple of years ago but not recently. I was sad that Katie left. I should start to listen again because I really liked it . I also listened to the one Jo did about her boyfriend which was hilarious 
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    The books present sounds wonderful.  I would love that too. Hope you feel better tomorrow.  It has been freezing cold today. 
    It's a great idea especially for someone who reads a lot 😊 I was better but now I'm ill with a virus of some sort 😟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure