Asda SIM card free £40 voucher deal - how set auto renew?

Options
KAT9090
KAT9090 Posts: 2 Newbie
I recently saw a deal/trick via the MSE site to get a free '£19' ASDA voucher if I clicked through the link to purchase a £7 per month SIM and make sure I set it to auto renew for 3 months -then receiving a £40 asda voucher after this period.

This trick stated that I wouldn't have to actually use the SIM. 

Having done this however I'm not sure how to set it to auto-renew when I log into my asda account without actually linking a mobile number to the SIM?

Any further guidance would be much appreciated.

Comments

• PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You need to activate the SIM which will give you a number but you don't have to use it. Just keep it safe. 
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    PHK said:
    You need to activate the SIM which will give you a number but you don't have to use it. Just keep it safe. 
    You may well have to activate the SIM to set up auto-renew but the actual phone number is written on the SIM packaging.
  • sheffieldeagle
    Options
    KAT9090 said:
    I recently saw a deal/trick via the MSE site to get a free '£19' ASDA voucher if I clicked through the link to purchase a £7 per month SIM and make sure I set it to auto renew for 3 months -then receiving a £40 asda voucher after this period.

This trick stated that I wouldn't have to actually use the SIM. 

Having done this however I'm not sure how to set it to auto-renew when I log into my asda account without actually linking a mobile number to the SIM?

Any further guidance would be much appreciated.
    Hi

How did this work out for you? Thinking of taking a punt also your thoughts but be most welcome 

Cheers
  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 903 Forumite
    edited 8 March at 11:49AM
    Options
    I ordered this sim last Sunday and it arrived in Wed 6 March. Can anyone direct me to the terms and conditions, or tell me as I did not register it till 6th and the offer finished on 5th do I still qualify?  Thanks.
  • sheffieldeagle
    sheffieldeagle Posts: 548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 9 March at 3:41PM
    Options
    I'm inclined to think because you have paid the first month you will be fine but I understand your need for more clarity.
    These are tncs you want promotions expired.

https://mobile.asda.com/support/terms-and-conditions?tab=promotions&utm_campaign=email+marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid#expired
  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 903 Forumite
    Options
    I rang them and they said I do qualify so made n o t e of the person I spoke to and date and time.😃
  • sheffieldeagle
    sheffieldeagle Posts: 548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope it all goes to plan.
  • RobertKr
    RobertKr Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anyone received this giftcard from asda?. I wonder if i have to start chasing them about it, I bought asda mobile on 9 Jan (through money.. link), transfered my lebara no to them ( and use it since), and made three payments around 9/10 Jan, Feb and on 12 March. According to T&C they should send me gift card up to 14 days after 3rd payment so its today but i didnt get it. Any thoughts?
  • Cantisque
    Cantisque Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    RobertKr said:
    Does anyone received this giftcard from asda?. I wonder if i have to start chasing them about it, I bought asda mobile on 9 Jan (through money.. link)
    I made my 3rd payment on March 5th and haven't had anything.
  • RobertKr
    RobertKr Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    I just called their customer serv. no 2732 and apparently i suppouse to receive this card within 3 (working?) days, we will see...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback