We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Frump to Fab 2024

1…2728303233…59

Comments

  • 2Scratters
    2Scratters Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Went to lunch yesterday for a friends birthday and my dress style always catches their eyes. I had a new pair of socks not previously worn, brown/tan colour with stitched on beads of various sizes. I wore my brown shoes with them and short length jeans. They did sort of look like ankle boots, subtle quirks, I made them smile - job done  B)

    2 Scratters xx
    Anything is better than nothing-check back and see
    On the declutter journey since 2023 with Mrs SD. Tilly Tidy since 2023.
  • SandyShores
    SandyShores Posts: 2,139 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Love it @2Scratters.  I love individual style, but never know how to and now I'm 60 I think it might be the time to try subtle quirks.
    "Think of many things, do one"
    DFW 2019: MFW aim 2031: bal Sep26 £159k / £310k 2020
    Seven Goals; and healthy diet/walk/run/exercising/weights/yoga
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 4,996 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Love the sound of the socks @2Scratters. I definitely think as we get older, we don't care what others think of what we wear etc. Keeping up with fashion is just a waste of time & money
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys October £ 33.15

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  443/2026
    Books read   2025/23   2026- 22 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 4,996 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    I agree we definitely shouldn't be wearing beige....it really ages us I think.  I love anything in the pink/purple/reddy shades and also blue. Sometimes green, depending what it is, but definitely not yellow...it just makes me look ill. 
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys October £ 33.15

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  443/2026
    Books read   2025/23   2026- 22 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.