PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss Challenge - 1st Quarter 2024

Options

Comments

• Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 824 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    My first weigh in may be Saturday this week, got a brekkie catch up in the morning (Friday is usually the day I weigh in after a long walk) and secondly my scales may need replacing!

They keep saying 'lo' - no not my weight....and no w either.

Tried new batteries but still the same message.

So fingers crossed Saturday I'll weigh in.

• Smudgeismydog
    Smudgeismydog Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sorry I’m late to the party, I’d love to join please.

Please can you put me down for 6lb this quarter, thanks 
    (aim is to lose a stone and a half this year)
  • wishus
    wishus Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 January at 9:06AM
    Options
    Hey there @Prudent and @Smudgeismydog! It's going to be a great year!

Almost 8am, so I guess my body decided to sleep rather than swim today which is unsurprising. OH has to go to town for an hour at 5 so I think I will pop to the gym. No pool open on Friday night. 

Yesterday's grub:
    Breakfast: overnight oats and blueberries
    Lunch/dinner: smoky chickpea stew
    Dinner/tea: 50/50 Bolognese from Jamie's £1 wonders. Already cooked, last of the frozen batch. Needed an easy tea as I was meant to be working, but work got cancelled. Recipe here but you need a log-in. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/beef-recipes/50-50-bolognese/
    The bacon and rosemary really add to this, as does the reheating, probably! Love the fact it's half lentils, helping me, helping the planet. I would probably like a whole lentil one to help the pigs too, but baby steps... Served with linguine, spinach, baby gem, yellow pepper and parmesan. My rating 9/10

Ooh, yesterday steps were 15843. Fitbit thought I'd broken into a run 4 times though, I am still unfit!
    Home improvement payments £16.8K to go

May Grocery Challenge: £212.38/250

Decluttering 1131/2024 Awards 🥇
    (19/05/24)
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Smudgeismydog it's never too late to join us  :)

Sorry you haven't been well Jenny hopefully it wasn't too long a stay in hospital, i hope you are feeling better for it?

Thanks for the recipes Wishus I was thinking of making a lentil bolognese but I'm tempted to add this one to the menu plan instead as I have mince in the freezer 

quote from a friend on FB today 'Just remember your body doesn't know it's the weekend!' 
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • suzeesu2000
    suzeesu2000 Posts: 855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Going to look for overnight oats recipe as I should eat in the mornings and something healthy like oats and fruit would fit the bill. Also the oats are good for soaking up cholesterol. 

DH opted for spag Bol so we had that for dinner padded out with extra mushrooms. Cooked just the right amount for the two of. Us and both cleared our plates. 

Might be an omelette for tea as have eggs to use.

Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal

Weight loss challenge 2024 - 1st quarter goal = 15/24lbs
    Pantry challenge 2024
    24 for 2024 challenge
    Prepping….the new world
    Make do, mend, minimise
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business