PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2024 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN MrsSD

Options

To use Guineapigsqueaks/Sa1sysoo words “A new thread for declutterbugs in (2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021, 2022, 2023) 2024 !" 

My 2023 was another washout on the decluttering & decorating fronts. Neither DH nor I have managed to summon up any enthusiasm for anything. Not helped by DH’s health scare in March 😔

Our holidays in 2023 were restricted to Round Britain Rally trips around England & Scotland with DH going round Wales on his own. 

Because of the poor weather 2023 was a write off as far as home grown produce was concerned 🙁 although we did manage a couple of kilos of potatoes, some radishes, rhubarb & leeks 🙂 Sadly another year of no tomatoes, even though I had two attempts 😔

2023 was also a sad year personally as my uncle died - the last of the older generation on my side of the family 😔 Covid now seems to be a permanent fixture although we have been very lucky & have managed to avoid it so far 🤞 There are so many of us, for whatever reason, who will be glad to see the back of 2023 & welcome in a shiny new year. 

I do need to create a 2024 list of Good Intentions so I must sit down & concentrate  🤔 especially as I never quite got around to doing one for 2023 🙊 

Now to cheer you all up (a little at least 🤞)  a shiny new Decluttering Thread - “2024 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD” I have decided to keep “THE ELECTRIC POWERED DECLUTTERING TRAIN” in service because we have worked so hard to kit out the TLC Carriage with massage chairs, a spa, a jacuzzi, sleep pods, library with attached computer room together with a constant supply of tea, coffee, alcoholic & soft drinks & snacks with the emphasis on cake & biscuits + having a buffet section on all the other carriages 😅 Not forgetting the on call masseuses/masseurs. 

SO 2024 HERE WE COME  🙂

As has become my habit, I will start with a very concise explanation of the intentions & ethos of this thread gratefully ‘borrowed’ from oceanspirit 👏

“……..this thread isn’t just about getting rid of things, it’s about changing houses into homes, it’s about understanding ourselves and how we got into a mess in the first place and learning where we need to make new habits to prevent a rematch.

Mental clutter (frogs and long “to do” lists included) and electronic clutter as well as physical items contribute to holding us back from doing other things in life so keep posting for as long as you wish to continue.  I for one love reading about … projects … as it helps inspire me to continue to look forward to having both physical and mental space to get on with pursuing my dreams rather than moving things around all the time”

So with the above in mind who will join our lovely new thread?  ALL are welcome 👏 Whether you are doing a major declutter or a maintaining declutter. This will continue to be a supportive & encouraging thread - our aim being to declutter our lives of physical & electronic items & maybe even the stress of having too much ‘stuff’ plus keeping each other’s spirits up in these difficult times. A laugh & a joke, a shoulder to lean on & a place to vent (within Forum Rules) - is hopefully provided here.  A real bonus is that decluttering makes our homes safer &  cleaning easier 😉

Gold Stars ⭐️ ⭐️ will continue making an appearance, as well as medals🏅🏅

Plenty of options are available on numbering the clutter out …….

2024 in 2024 or 52 in 52 weeks even 366 in 366 days or maybe by room. If you are feeling really adventurous a la basketcase (2018) - you can weigh the clutter out 😉 There is also the option of splitting out the counting - Tasks Completed + Ins & Outs. 

Whichever numbering option you choose or you may choose not to number, we would love to hear both your success stories & your ways/methods of decluttering - they may not have worked for you but they may work for someone else. All ideas are gratefully received.

I am hoping that everyone who posted on the 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 & 2023 threads will also post on the 2024 thread 🙂 + we all love to welcome new people 🙏 

I know I am a bit late in setting up this thread but it can help to plan your decluttering - ‘To Do Lists’ can be your friends 😉 (Perhaps I should take my own advice & write a Good Intentions list for 2024 🤣)

So after another year of decluttering & sharing our journeys, please join me in my continuing quest to have a clutter free, tidy & decorated home with no hidden horrors 😆 I am hoping to see many of my old friends & hopefully make some new friends as well - my version of recharging my batteries is by reading all your posts, ‘borrowing’ decluttering ideas & cheerleading 😊

MrsSD aka Mrs Salad Dodger

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure