IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private Parking fine from UK Parking Control and Claim form sent from DCB Legal, What to do Next??

Options
Hi Guys

I have been going through all the forum pages on here, which has been great so far, regarding a Private Parking Fine that I received from UK Parking Control for allegedly parking over the time limit and have been ignoring all the letters from them and also from DCB Legal demanding money from me for it. I am now at the stage where they have sent a Claim Form from Civil National Business Centre in Northampton, which I followed the forums on here to respond and say that you are defending yourself and to send your defence into CCBCAQ as well. I have now been emailed by DCB Legal directly saying the claimant wants to go a head with a court hearing but also in the email said they are willing to settle out of court and that I need to call them on their number and discuss the sum within 7 days (email sent 27/11/23).

I really really dislike these cowboy money scamming companies and the whole parking scamming system going on and want to absolutely make sure that I win because even though I feel strongly about this and think that its not getting to me, it actually is keeping me awake at night a little and I keep think I should just pay it and it'll all go away and it'll be easy and over. But then I read through some of the threads on the forum and hear the success stories and I TOO WANT TO BE THAT SUCCESS STORY OF STICKING IT TO THEM!!! So what I'm saying is I know so many people on here have done this and its probably going round and round on here for everyone so I apologies, but I just need some guidance as to what to do next before I'm potentially taken to a small claims court. Any links or template letters to threads with step by step action for what to do next would be great.

Thank You

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 November 2023 at 3:38PM
    Options
    I have now been emailed by DCB Legal directly saying the claimant wants to go a head with a court hearing but also in the email said they are willing to settle out of court and that I need to call them on their number and discuss the sum within 7 days (email sent 27/11/23).
    Normal. See the Template Defence first 12 steps in the first post there. You are on track. No action required until you get your N180.

But!  What to do right now, is this please... to change all this by being heard by a Government Committee, if you could reply to this Inquiry that would be great.

...only TWO WEEKS left to do this VERY relevant Inquiry linked & discussed here:

Really relevant because the reason that the county court is clogged up is because up to a THIRD of all small claims are private parking. 
    The delays by the CNBC are directly caused by half a million parking claims p.a.  It needs to stop. 

Your claim paperwork will be great evidence of the meritless 'cause of action' constantly bombarding the courts and wasting Judges' time.  This is about showing how parking firms abuse the court service.

Please tell the Ministers on this Committee that there needs to be a bespoke parking Alternative Dispute Resolution 'court buffer' at pre-action stage, and the use of the "debt claims" pre-action protocol is totally improper.  Asking for people's income on a 'debtor' reply form is an insult and utterly inappropriate.

Also tell the Committee to please contact the DLUHC private parking Code of Practice team who would really appreciate a new PAP for Parking Claims. 

This would really support regulators in 2024 as the private parking regulation rolls into effect.

I think if enough people say the above sort of stuff, this Justice Committee will go and talk to the DLUHC guys I'm dealing with, and hopefully recommend a new pre-action protocol to stop the vast majority of cases even going to a claim.

Please do the Inquiry with your claim form and views.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • DJPsrv9
    DJPsrv9 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey Coupon-mad

Firstly Thank You so much for your reply, really appreciate the help!!

Yes I have followed Template Defence first 12 steps in the first post and hopefully done it all correctly and I have not yet received the N180 which i assume will be in the post?? I have not seen it in an email yet either, only the one filled in by DCB Legal is what iI have seen so far so I have a bit of an understanding as to how it looks, but still unsure when I get it what to correctly fill in and also what to put down. So shall I wait until i receive my copy and then reply back here once i receive the N180 in the post for what to do next??

Also YES absolutely I will certainly follow your instructions to submit my experience with the Government Committee for the inquiry and will certainly show the Claim form that I have received from DCB Legal as evidence of the '
    meritless 'cause of action' constantly bombarding the courts and wasting Judges' time nonsense' that they send out. If you have a guide or template letter as to what to write so that it is coherent with what you are needing then please send anything you can so that we are all on the same page together.

But in the meantime you would recommend to not email DCB Legal back and try and settle it and keep on fighting?? Because I am certainly happy to keep fighting these scammers all the way!!

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 29 November 2023 at 6:01PM
    Options
    I think my words above and in the link are more than enough for you to use as a template!  Please use your own words and mine, making it personalised re your own case.

The important thing is just doing it! Please...

Of course ignore DCB and await your N180.

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Your Directions Questionnaire will be delivered by Royal Mail.

There is guidance on how to complete it in that checklist you are following.
  • patient_dream
    Options
    UKPC and DCBL are the biggest court timewasters ever seen.
    DCBL are attracted to rubbish cases and with UKPC signs which are also rubbish

Have fun with these bods, they will bully you, we all know that bullies are cowards and DCBL are true to this when they turn into chickens and discontinue

Goodness knows why the SRA consider DCBL as a suitable member when they are court timewasters

• DJPsrv9
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey patient_dream

Thank you so much for the information as well, really appreciate it and really hope i can take these timewasters all the way and put the pressure back onto them and make them see that the average hard working people arent going to be bullied any more and just take this lying down and give up our hard earned money for absolutely no reason!!

As soon as receive the N180 I will let you guys know and certainly go through the checklist and make sure I'm hopefully doing it correctly.

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Great! Once you've done the Justice Committee response, please can you tell us if it takes and allows more than one upload of evidence?

I have several things to send them next week!
  • DJPsrv9
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad

Yes I'm now going through it and sending in my response to the Committee now so will certainly let you know how many pieces of evidence I can upload.

Many Thanks
  • DJPsrv9
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey Coupon-mad

Just checking, iItake it I write the letter and send evidence to the following email... 

parking@levellingup.gov.uk

Is that correct??

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No that's not the right Inquiry!

How have you got to that old one that closed in October, when the link I provide tells you about the Justice Committee one? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback