Octopus saving sessions

Options

Comments

• NigelIR
    NigelIR Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We only use about 0.5kWh in that hour. So if we sign up and don’t save much are we penalised in any way?
  • cm4ever
    cm4ever Posts: 215 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    NigelIR said:
    We only use about 0.5kWh in that hour. So if we sign up and don’t save much are we penalised in any way?
    No, but you have a chance of winning the prize draw  ;)
  • MultiFuelBurner
    Options
    mmmmikey said:
    Same here - guess we all got the notification and chose to opt in at the same time. Hope they fix it soon - if all goes well I could save as much as 2p or 3p tomorrow, be a shame to miss out :-)
    Rumours you can export from your solar batteries during that time for £2.25 per kWh but can't find it as hard fact.
  • cm4ever
    edited 15 November 2023 at 9:41PM
    Options
    mmmmikey said:
    Same here - guess we all got the notification and chose to opt in at the same time. Hope they fix it soon - if all goes well I could save as much as 2p or 3p tomorrow, be a shame to miss out :-)
    Rumours you can export from your solar batteries during that time for £2.25 per kWh but can't find it as hard fact.
    No rumours just straight from the horse's mouth ....

https://octopus.energy/blog/saving-sessions-faqs/#rulesofplay

"Your export tariff won't be affected, only additional energy exported during the Session will be paid at the Saving Sessions incentive rate."
  • MultiFuelBurner
    MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 15 November 2023 at 9:44PM
    Options
    cm4ever said:
    mmmmikey said:

"Your export tariff won't be affected, only additional energy exported during the Session will be paid at the Saving Sessions incentive rate."
    Nice thanks for that link.

How much could you export in one hour? I'm genuinely curious now.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    YBR said:
    I've not had the notification (Not using the app - it should come by email, right?)
    Will keep trying on the website ...

I am using the app, am opted in to notifications, and only knew about this thanks to @MultiFuelBurner and this thread! Nothing through on WhatsApp either so may need to investigate what’s going on. I’m opted in now though so thank you MFB! 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • cm4ever
    Options
    cm4ever said:
    mmmmikey said:

Personally, probably at least 3kWh, based on zero normal grid use at this time slot, my inverter model and base load.
  • Netexporter
    Options
    cm4ever said:
    mmmmikey said:

12kWh, if you have two Gateway A-i-Os or a (2 module) Tesla Powerwall. 27 squids in your sky-rocket!
  • t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I lost all my bookmarks but used to have two links, one to the page where we could see the grid were thinking of having a session, and one with a list of suppliers accepted and refused. Anyone got those links please?
  • Andreg
    Andreg Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This year there's no longer an incentive to use more electricity on the day of the saving session, but there is still an incentive to switch regular daily electricity use to the peak 5pm-7pm period.  The more you use normally in peak periods the more you can save when there's a saving session.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback