IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

A thread of Pictures of parking firm NTKs

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That paragraph at the top of page 2 is appalling.  Page 1 also shouts about a CCJ too.

Looks POFA compliant except for minor technicalities (such as not stating that they don't know who was driving) but I'd say a Judge would consider it a PoFA one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 1 December 2023 at 6:08PM
    Options
    My reading of POFA 9(2)e states the PPC must invite the keeper not "the keeper should"! 
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 December 2023 at 5:22PM
    Options
    But a Judge won't go for that, so I don't believe we should even tell posters that sort of stuff.

There is 'scattergun' and then there is 'even more desperate scattergun' defences/appeal points, and I draw the line at the second one!

EDIT: PLEASE DON'T USE THIS THREAD FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN PHOTOS OF NTKs THAT WE DON'T YET HAVE IN THE LIST IN POST ONE.
  • splinter64
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. I have the second (Nov 23) version of the euro car parks NTK, as posted by @Coupon-mad above. I am doing a POPLA appeal with all the usual points (I may post in another thread) and sounds like I'm unlikely to win on PoFA compliance, but I will stick it in anyway. My arguments for non compliance so far:
    -doesn't explicitly state that they don't know who the driver is
    -uses "advise" rather than "warn"
    -doesn't actually say when it was "sent", only when it was "issued" (is that the same?)

The key sentence in this NTK is not really grammatically correct: "If you do not provide the correct address for service of the driver, pass the notice on to the driver, we will pursue you...".

The big one for me is that the PoFA states the NTK must describe "the circumstances in which the requirement to pay them arose (including the means by which the requirement was brought to the attention of drivers) and the other facts that made them payable". Because this is a template, it is vague about this and doesn't explain whether they think a payment was made but vehicle overstayed, or whether no payment was made, or there was some other problem.

Does PoFA dictate the evidence that they have to include in the NTK? Paragraph 10 suggests that it could, but I guess no amendments have been made to specify e.g., the type of photo that should be included?

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for this thread. I have the second (Nov 23) version of the euro car parks NTK, as posted by @Coupon-mad above. I am doing a POPLA appeal with all the usual points (I may post in another thread) and sounds like I'm unlikely to win on PoFA compliance, but I will stick it in anyway. My arguments for non compliance so far:
    -doesn't actually say when it was "sent", only when it was "issued" (is that the same?)

The key sentence in this NTK is not really grammatically correct: "If you do not provide the correct address for service of the driver, pass the notice on to the driver, we will pursue you...".

The big one for me is that the PoFA states the NTK must describe "the circumstances in which the requirement to pay them arose (including the means by which the requirement was brought to the attention of drivers) and the other facts that made them payable". Because this is a template, it is vague about this and doesn't explain whether they think a payment was made but vehicle overstayed, or whether no payment was made, or there was some other problem.

Does PoFA dictate the evidence that they have to include in the NTK? Paragraph 10 suggests that it could, but I guess no amendments have been made to specify e.g., the type of photo that should be included?

Please open a new thread of your own with details of your parking event. This thread is a repository for examples of NtKs, not for individual cases. Plenty of help available once on your own detailed thread. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • splinter64
    Options
    Umkomaas said:

Please open a new thread of your own with details of your parking event. This thread is a repository for examples of NtKs, not for individual cases. Plenty of help available once on your own detailed thread. 

Understood. My comments, like those elsewhere in this thread, are about the NTK examples posted and whether they are compliant, not about my case.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    I've already brushed the 'scattergun' POFA wording discussion away above.

This isn't the thread for discussion and I consider this clutching at straws. Can be discussed on your own thread of course and other opinions are available.  Not here though!

Thanks!

:) 
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 December 2023 at 11:03PM
    Options
    Back on topic, a CP Plus non-POFA NTK with newer wording (end of 2023):

• Coupon-mad
    Options
    Anyone got an OPS one from this year please?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 4 December 2023 at 11:05PM
    Options
    Parallel Parking Ltd
    POFA version NTK Nov 2023

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback