IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

An appeal letter PPC

Options

Comments

• B789
    B789 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 27 September 2023 at 12:05PM
    Options
    The signs at the site are inadequate, not in obvious clear and visible place for the regular driver. Signage at the site did not notify the driver that the operator intended to use POFA. Also, there is no signs, numbers or evidence that shows which bay allocated for which business. Therefore, the operator failed to install signs that are fully compliant with the IPC AOSCOP as stated in point 15.4. no compliant with the POFA.
    No idea what the above waffle is about. There is no requirement for signs to say that the PPC will rely on PoFA. Intention to use PoFA need only be stated in the NtK/NtH.

As the PCN did not arrive within the stipulate period of 14 days, as specified within the POFA 2012, and IPC schedule 2, so the PPC has failed to meet the strict deadlines to transfer liability to the keeper.
    The actual date you received the NtK is irrelevant. The only valid date is the date it was "deemed" to have been delivered which is 2 business days after the date of the NtK. Was the "deemed" date within 14 days of the "event" date?

A lot of effort for an IAS appeal with, as also mentioned above, a lot of extraneous faff quoting their own CoP. This isn't a court where you are bringing to the attention of the judge relevant law. You are appealing to an intellectually malnourished "adjudicator" in the pocket of the PPC. Good luck.

• Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Could the intention have been to write "operator intended to use ANPR"?
  • Freesoul01
    Options
    Coupon-mad The IAP appeal application asking for the personal info. included birth date, do they have the right to obtain such information? 
  • Freesoul01
    Options
    B789 said:
    The signs at the site are inadequate, not in obvious clear and visible place for the regular driver. Signage at the site did not notify the driver that the operator intended to use POFA. Also, there is no signs, numbers or evidence that shows which bay allocated for which business. Therefore, the operator failed to install signs that are fully compliant with the IPC AOSCOP as stated in point 15.4. no compliant with the POFA.
    No idea what the above waffle is about. There is no requirement for signs to say that the PPC will rely on PoFA. Intention to use PoFA need only be stated in the NtK/NtH.

As the PCN did not arrive within the stipulate period of 14 days, as specified within the POFA 2012, and IPC schedule 2, so the PPC has failed to meet the strict deadlines to transfer liability to the keeper.
    The actual date you received the NtK is irrelevant. The only valid date is the date it was "deemed" to have been delivered which is 2 business days after the date of the NtK. Was the "deemed" date within 14 days of the "event" date?

A lot of effort for an IAS appeal with, as also mentioned above, a lot of extraneous faff quoting their own CoP. This isn't a court where you are bringing to the attention of the judge relevant law. You are appealing to an intellectually malnourished "adjudicator" in the pocket of the PPC. Good luck.

First point- I meant here the PCN (NTK), doesn't include any mention to the POFA. 

Second point - NO, is the answer to your question. The NTK delivered after 8 days of the issue date. and 15 days after the date of the event. 

Third point, I will reorganise it again, just to mention I used the IAS code of practice 2018 and studied it in details. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad The IAP appeal application asking for the personal info. included birth date, do they have the right to obtain such information? 
    Make it up, like you do with any website that doesn't need the real DOB.

Surely I'm not the only person who has an 'alternative online date of birth' that I use to protect my data?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • B789
    Options

Surely I'm not the only person who has an 'alternative online date of birth' that I use to protect my data?
    Forever 21   >:)
  • Trainerman
    Options

Could not agree more. I get infuriated with the amount of sites asking this, and like you have an alternative up my sleeve.
  • B789
    Options
    I always use Feb 29th in any leap year. That really confuses some systems.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It's just a reminder.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Freesoul01
    Options
    Following a series of exchanging responses with the parking operator, the IPC decided today to uphold the operator's stance, resulting in the dismissal of the appeal.  :/ 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback