We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

An in-between phase

1…727728729730731733»

Comments

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,397
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!
    Ambassador

    Buy the jumper. Card sounds lovely. 🥰

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.[/b] [11 months left.[/b]
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,870
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 73 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 11th October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Slowdown
    Slowdown Posts: 680
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Yup. Sane would be good! 😊

  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,294
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Ernie can buy you the jumper 👍

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,472
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Absolutely @KajiKita though don't want to be the people who go running to mum and dad when we're not the ones with the problem (and also we're effing adults!), and god knows what she's been claiming about us. We're perfectly happy being polite and pleasant. And I know you only said it as an example but it's definitely not a bins issue as they've land-grabbed quite a bit of our legally shared land. Have we made drama out of it? No we have not

    It was a lovely Sunday thank you, and you @Blackcats. And @beanielou and @Sun_Addict I did consider using some of the PB money for the jumper but alas discipline must come first when there are pots needing filling. If I really feel I must have this jumper (I kinda do) then it will have to come out of my monthly budget and if I can see where its possible to go without elsewhere. I do own multiple jumpers, it's not a need

    @Slowdown no trouble yet but don't know if she's back yet, we won't be answering door tomorrow for sure. We're off to Norf in a few days so just have to avoid until then. Your new profile pic is beautiful and very similar to the one lampshade in our home that's 'the fancy lampshade' 😂

    Kaj and Slo, sane is pushing it but not causing trouble would be lovely 😊

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.