🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

An in-between phase

Options

Comments

• PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    15 minute carpet walk reading magazine
    15 minute carpet walk looking at crossword
    Wine enquiry chased up

Detector found. Don't quite understand the settings but I worked out which way round you're meant to hold it 😁

Omazes done
    Ziffits done, one more book accepted for 50p
    15 minute carpet walk reading magazine

We spent the vast majority of the day trying to fix microphone on mum's laptop. To absolutely no avail.
    And no idea where the iPad charger is, I'm sure it's at Mr PIPs but he can't find it. Ah well, it must be somewhere so hopefully we'll come across it soon

Had a little lie-down reading a book for ziffit but absolutely knackered (and sore). We're staying in and having inherited beer on the sofa so feeling somewhat ropey is at least mse!

• stymied
    stymied Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can’t remember if you already said if there’s a reason you can’t get a coil fitted? It does have side effects but at least it basically puts paid to periods and associated pain.
  • PennysIntoPounds
    Options
    There's a few reasons it doesn't seem right for me @stymied but I will revisit the idea from time to time. Thank you for the suggestion. The annoying thing about my meds is they're really good for period pains but you have to get the timing right so if period decides to start during the night you spend the next couple of days playing catch up. And let's not forget about meds tummy plus period tummy plus chronic pain condition tummy 😭 So frustrating that society (or at least those with structural power) think women constantly being pain-riddled shells of people is fine, grr.

Anyway, no bad vibes on a Sunday 😁
    Me and my trusty emergency M&S carrier bag are risking a walk with a group of mates, and it's sunny, and it's the last day of the football season. Very much doubt we'll win but at least we'll be put out of our misery for a few months 😂

• PennysIntoPounds
    Options
    Walked four miles. Had drinks in the sun. Walked 45 minutes home. Lovely day, very tired and getting an early night! Really glad I went despite body anxiety and soreness. Hoping that the good vibes continue into the start of the week- and that I'm not too pink despite constantly reapplying factor 50!
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 4,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Four miles! Fair dos 😊 Glad you had a good time 😊

KK
    As at 15.05.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £252,383, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £6,480, Interest saved £2,415, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 22 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 2nd June)
    Produce tracker: £36.46 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • PennysIntoPounds
    Options
    Admin
    Tidying
    Entered some competitions, today I'm mostly looking forward to winning 1k but I am also hankering after a hamper of chocolate

40 minute walk to Drs asking about meds and tracking down prescription

A topless staggering man told me to have an amazing afternoon- biscuits and books featured so I feel like I did him proud

Free book from street library, will pop one back in hopefully this week

Comping

Got an email voucher for a Shepherd Neame pub free mojito til 31 May exc bank hols if anyone wants it

Half wussy situps

Randomly won a £10 prize from Omaze! Can be spent on omaze/xbox/virgin experience days/ASOS/pizza express. Not a particular user of any of those so will consult with Mr PIP when I see him

Survey

20 minute carpet walk reading one of the three books I found yesterday

Resisted pub and will have an inherited beer instead. Leftover pasta and splodge for dinner (kidney beans, splodge-spotters), and will try to get through more of the potentially ziffitable book pile or at least free up more of the glossy magazines

Hope everyone's week has started well!
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 4,062 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    That was a productive day 😊 Loving the Splodge sightings … 😉😂

KK
    As at 15.05.24:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 <gulp>, now £252,383, end date brought closer by 2 months  
    - OPs to mortgage = £6,480, Interest saved £2,415, to date
    - LTV 51% @ccord, 51% Yopa
    Fixed rate 2.17% ends October 2024

Read 22 books of target 52 in 2024 (as @ 2nd June)
    Produce tracker: £36.46 of £300

Watch your thoughts, they become your words. Watch your words, they become your actions. Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,613 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A topless staggering man 🤣 Never a dull moment in your neck of the woods 🤣
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • ladyholly
    ladyholly Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Options
    Why do I never get excitement like a topless staggering man?
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,237 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Exactly the type of person who would have sat next to me on the bus back in the day.
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure