Eon billing

Comments

• vic_sf49
    vic_sf49 Posts: 519
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Bills on page 6 reported to MSE as having personal information (address), in case the OP doesn't come back for a while. 
  • vic_sf49
    Forumite
    edited 24 July 2023 at 9:39AM
    From the two sets of bills posted*, his readings were.... 

16 Aug 21 - 14699 (Day) + 2662 (Night) 
    01 Jul 23  - 99664 (just one reading)

I can't even begin to fathom the huge difference in those readings. 

Even if you added the first two readings together, that'd still be 80000kwh in 2 years. 

Edited to add the following from the bills on page 6..
    07 Jun 21 - 2554 (N)   14529 (D) 
    12 Jul 22 -  3490 (N)   15967 (D) 
    Usage =          936 (N)   1438 (D) 
    Now that seems more normal to me. 

*second set of bills had personal info, so may get removed. 
  • Fofozuzu
    Fofozuzu Posts: 62
    First Post
    Forumite
    dolor, thanks for your email, in my view what you are forgetting is not a single bill for 24 months on the off peak meter which has been given all the time and suddenly to “ wake up as a supplier “ and give £9800 statement to £5800 revised can maybe throw us a bit . If bill would have been correct from day one he would have spent £1000/1500 to change those monsters of heaters and get normal bills since then , now he needs to spend £1000/1500 plus payback £6000 plus pay probably £120/150 per month bill just to go back to normal.
  • Fofozuzu
    Fofozuzu Posts: 62
    First Post
    Forumite
    Vu-sf49, thanks again for your help, I don’t understand what you meant in your last message, sorry it is my first time on this platform and don’t know the do and don’t.
  • Fofozuzu said:
    dolor, thanks for your email, in my view what you are forgetting is not a single bill for 24 months on the off peak meter which has been given all the time and suddenly to “ wake up as a supplier “ and give £9800 statement to £5800 revised can maybe throw us a bit . If bill would have been correct from day one he would have spent £1000/1500 to change those monsters of heaters and get normal bills since then , now he needs to spend £1000/1500 plus payback £6000 plus pay probably £120/150 per month bill just to go back to normal.
    The two statements posted show both Day and Night. If what you are saying is correct, then why didn’t your son pick this up sooner? If he is to learn anything to help him going forward then it should be your son that is posting.
  • CSI_Yorkshire
    CSI_Yorkshire Posts: 1,792
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Fofozuzu, the heaters are not the problem.  Many many people have storage heaters and in plenty of cases it is the cheapest option.

The problem is not being billed for one of the rates for a long time, paying a way-to-small direct debit, and neither the customer nor the supplier noticing.  

The 'penalty' for the supplier not noticing is not being able to charge (ish) for usage more than 12 months ago.  The 'penalty' for the customer not noticing is the big catch-up bill 
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 11,960
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Fofozuzu said:
    If you think that changing these "monster" heaters you are going to get normal bills I think you are mistaken.  1 x2 kWh in living room,1 kWh in hall,1 kWh in kitchen 1 x400w towel heater - ( electrically speaking) these are quite small , even too small . Don't forget  the water heater and the electric shower.

Are these panel heaters rather than storage ? and is the flat even wired for off peak ?

As CSI said - the heaters are not the problem

PS Switch that towel heater OFF and cut the showers to 5 mins.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • vic_sf49
    Forumite
    Fofozuzu said:
    Vu-sf49, thanks again for your help, I don’t understand what you meant in your last message, sorry it is my first time on this platform and don’t know the do and don’t.
    On the bills you posted on page 6 @fofozuzu, you have posted the full bill, so your son's address is visible.

As this is a public forum, you should delete them, and crop off the address / any personal information. 

Reporting it, will let the mse moderators delete that post, just in case you might not have been back on here for days.

Its just to protect your / your son's personal information. 
  • jbuchanangb
    jbuchanangb Posts: 1,321
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The bills are posted out of order, but the readings follow on...ignoring the decimal place, and missing a few out..... 

07 May 22 - 88093
    01 Oct 22 - 90770
    01 Jan 23 - 93496
    01 Apr 23 - 96851
    01 Jul 23 - 99664

Edited to add the following from the bills on page 6..
    Meter serial no. ending P01794
    07 Jun 21 - 2554 (N)   14529 (D) 
    12 Jul 22 -  3490 (N)   15967 (D) 
    Usage =          936 (N)   1438 (D) 
    Now that seems more normal to me. 

Are we gradually getting to the bottom of this?
    The bills until July 2022 are clearly for an Economy 7 type of meter with serial no ending P01794
    13 months consumption totalling 2374 kWh.
    I guess there should be further bill(s) from July 2022 to date.
    The OP stated that E.ON had failed for a long time to bill for the heating register.
    The readings in the range from 88093 (7 May 2022) to 99664 (1 Jul 2023) are presumably from that register on the same meter, or on a different meter. (I think any bill showing the meter serial no. has been removed from the forum.)
    The snapshot of the billing from 1 April 2023 to 1 July 2023 shows 2812.4kWh in just those 3 months. The 14 months from 7 May 2022 to 1 July 2023 total 11571. This seems to be the energy which was not billed, and for which the catching up process is happening.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,502
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    vic_sf49 said:
    Fofozuzu said:
    On the bills you posted on page 6 @fofozuzu, you have posted the full bill, so your son's address is visible.

As this is a public forum, you should delete them, and crop off the address / any personal information. 

Reporting it, will let the mse moderators delete that post, just in case you might not have been back on here for days.

Its just to protect your / your son's personal information. 

I have also reported it to the forum team. So if the OP doesn't change it, they will probably remove the images altogether. Not trying to be cruel, just following the guidance that you don't post any personal information on a forum like this.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback