🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

£1 tickets London Euston to Manchester

Options

Comments

• cruz99
    cruz99 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For future reference do you get allocated a seat when you book (like with Value Advance tickets) or do you have to ring Virgin to book seats on the train?

If you have to ring to book seats are there any restrictions or can it be done straight after purchasing?
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    As far as I'm aware from my experience of using these tickets they allocate a coach (it was coach D when I traveled there and back) and a seat when you book. As it says in their T's & C's Your ticket is only valid for the date, train and reserved seat(s) shown on your ticket(s).
  • suzyoz
    suzyoz Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering, is it direct? how do i find out? im wondering if the train stops at my local station so i dont need to get a train to london, only to get on another to manchester!!
    Great deal - thanks!
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    If the ticket shows that it is for London Euston to Manchester then yes it's direct, there should be no changes. You have to board at London Euston only and Manchester Piccadilly going back otherwise the ticket want be valid.

You might like to look at the T's & C's where it says Break of Journey.
  • Cliff_top
    Options
    Hi, I need to go down to Watford soon and will use the Virgin service.
    I shouldn't think there'd be problems getting off a stop early at Watford, but Will I be able to blag my way back on on the return leg at Watford or would it be better to go down to Euston to catch the startpoint as booked? Are they fussy about this?

chhers Cliff
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    I doubt it.

You must board and alight at the stated departure and arrival stations. You may not board or alight at other points on the route. If you do a penalty or full fare may apply.

By the Cliff top, if you're traveling from London to Watford you should be able to use your Oyster card if you have one. You might want to check this out before traveling.

Check the single fare finder which allows you to find most single journey fares for Tube, DLR, London Overground and some National Rail services.

Don't forget to touch out at the end of your journey if you do manage to use an Oyster card.
  • Cliff_top
    Options
    Cheers for that.

I don't have an Oyster card however...

The single fares are all £7icon9.gif for Watford- Euston....more than Manchester - Watford!
    There is a bus option for £2 I could use though

Still worth using the offer... thanks MSEx.com
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    Which bus takes you to Watford for £2? I checked National Express FunFares and MegaBus last night and found that both don't go to Watford this is why I'm asking. And even if you had an Oyster you would probably only save yourself about £1 each way anyway unless you go by tube but still works out cheaper if you take the bus you are talking about.
  • Cliff_top
    Options
    I was looking for Watford- Euston and I think I missed the fact that there isn't a bus into the city from Watford...you have to change onto rail somewhere.. so the £2 bus only isn't an option... unless anyone knows a better way?
  • Lugh_Chronain
    Options
    Make an enquiry in a new thread if you need to Cliff top. I'm sure someone will be willing to help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport