We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Now for a healthier, wealthier me

1…147148149150151153»

Comments

  • AntoMac
    AntoMac Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    How’s your overall savings trend LMD? Gradually upwards? I always try to improve our overall savings every month, even if it’s just a few quid here and there.

    What bout prolific? You doing much with them nowadays?

    27/5/17 Mort 64705 BTs 1904031/12/17 Mort 59815 BT 1673007/04/20 Mort 49208 BT 1572128/07/20 Mort 47387 BT 1263414/11/20 Mort 45905 BT 10134 20/05/21 Mort 42335 BT 686811/08/22 Mort 32050 BT 2915Sealed Pot Challenge 16 Number 5
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,557 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    All pots looking nice and healthy.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • LittleMissDetermined
    LittleMissDetermined Posts: 11,014 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic

    Overall we are trending up by approx. £300 a month Ant, not as much as I would like due to blummin' holidays but I have been chatting to DH about the next few years and we are both thinking of 'going electric' with the vehicles… so, we think we may curb the travel for some car savings over the next year or 2. I will have had 4 holidays this year by the time we get to NYE and even I have to admit that's excessive. It doesn't even account for the breaks we have had or will be having inside the UK. (another 3 of those before December…)

    It's direct debit day today so the accounts have taken a fair bit of reconciling, but I think I have it sussed now. PAD included £5 to the sabbatical as usual, I should have a bit of spare budget left to re-allocate tomorrow as today is a planned NSD.

    That's my update for today. Hope you're all doing OK
    LMD x

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.