We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Now for a healthier, wealthier me

1…147148149151153

Comments

  • I do that at Christmas Ant, never thought about on an early pay weekend!

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,557 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I used to pay salary for an organisation as my job with payday being the last working day of the month. Come Xmas staff could request an advance of their salary being paid around the 15th of the month. Which was great except most of them spent it straight away, forgetting januarys payday is weeks and weeks and weeks away.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • ** this was written Friday 11th but not posted…

    That's the issue isn't it? Especially at Christmastime, ut's all too easy to get those extra gifts or bits of yummy food on the run up to the big day, not realising that it's a long ole stretch to the end of Jan!

    Today is new budget day so I popped spare cash to the physical sealed pot (£25) and £5 as usual has hit the sabbatical fund. I realise it's been a hot minute since I updated my signature as the sabbatical is now over £5.5k.

    It's a NSD for me today, DH is out tonight and I am playing taxi service but I have no plans so a quiet one with a book or my video game will be on the cards.

    That's about it from me, we have 5 and a half weeks until the sealed pot gets opened, so it's a last push on that to see what I can get saved.

    Have fabulous Fridays!
    LMD x

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
  • Good morning and happy Monday! I came to post an update today and realised I hadn't actually posted the update on Friday, so I've added that and now for today's update… Well, there isn't much really!

    It was a spendy Saturday as I picked up some bits I've needed for a while and I also had my laser appointment which is costly. Yesterday was a NSD though, as is today. No plans today after work, well apart from housework.

    I have a spendy week ahead as I have many plans with family, friends and then it's DSD birthday at the weekend.

    Today's PAD was just £5 to the sabbatical as usual, and I realise I've still not updated my signature with the latest total! Lol

    Anyway, work beckons! And I need another coffee…

    LMD x

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
  • Morning, hope you're all well? I've been working since early this morning as it's just so busy. I have a lot of big projects on and they are taking up a lot of time as well as brain power.

    It's not a NSD today, I am off out tonight and I have plans now until Sunday. September is a busy and spendy month for me unfortunately. This morning's PAD was just £5 to the sabbatical as usual… once I have posted this update I will amend my signature.

    I finished my latest book at breakfast this morning, I stayed up last night reading but my eyes just couldn't make it right to the end and I had to put it down. So I will be starting another at lunch today.

    That's it from me, I'm off to update the signature and then make another coffee to take back to work.

    LMD x

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,557 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Im trawling through my latest book, god it’s a hard slog. It’s a top seller but goodness knows why, I must be missing something, but I’m determined to finish it.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • I hate books like that, I tried reading the Wolf of Wall Street when it was popular and my God it was awful… I had to give up on it.

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
  • Happy Wednesday 😃 I'm having a NSD today, I don't feel like doing anything and work is draining my brain at the moment… DH is under the weather so unlikely he will want to do anything, especially as the new Wolverine game was delivered yesterday 😂

    I've PADded £119.50 to savings today, some spare budget, dice rolls and £5 to the sabbatical as usual. I'm really please with how my dice rolls are building that £10k fund, and because the account is in a place I don't log into very often, I forget it's there. It's at £3765 at the moment.

    That's all from me today - off to resume the madness that is work!
    LMD x

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
  • amber03
    amber03 Posts: 1,557 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I know quite a few people who seem to be coming down with a cold/flu. Think it’s a change in the weather.

    :j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.00
  • Morning all! I’m late today so I’m sorry about that. I’ve not been slacking, I’ve been super-busy and I went to do the grocery shopping before work as I am out tonight.

    My PAD today was just £5 to the sabbatical fund, not much else happening and we still have 8 days to go until pay day. I also need fuel for the car later when I go out.

    I have a busy weekend ahead, and I’m off tomorrow so I will be back online on Monday. Hope you all have great weekends!

    LMD x

    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2026 1p challenge #7 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £5574/£6000
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.