We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MeandO's money-shuffling

1…125126127128129131»

Comments

  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 3,466
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited Today at 11:59AM

    The weather is looking much more traditionally Autumnal today- a bit wild, windy and wet. I was supposed to head into the office today but have made my excuses as I know I won't manage the walk from the car park in this weather, with the weight of equipment and the pain I have today.

    Last night DS was at his Dad's from around 6pm, so OH and I met a friend for a chat for an hour and then OH cooked me a lovely simple, healthy tea. It is so nice to have someone cook a meal for me, I was so grateful just to not have to cook or think about what to cook for a day! DS is with me most of the weekend this week as his Dad is away, but he's out watching a sporting event tonight with friends so he can get food out and I hopefully won't have to cook. ;)

    We popped to &sda to pick up some veg, fruit (and yes, more yogurts! 😶😂) and there were lots of marinated chicken breast skewers & wings reduced to £2 or so, so I picked up 4 packs of those for the freezer as it's a good option to throw in the oven for DS when he's hungry and I've run out of ideas of what to cook next. If he's hungry tonight, we can bung some of those in the air fryer as can be cooked from frozen.

    I also picked up a YS loaf of sourdough for the freezer. We don't buy/eat 'normal' bread anymore - DS has never been much of a fan and it really bloats me, whereas sourdough seems to be much better. We don't eat sandwiches etc., we only really use it for eggs or avocado on toast but it is much pricier than 'normal' bread, so I'm grateful for any discounts and always try to buy it when it's reduced.

    OH paid for the shopping to get T0sco points on his CC and we used my &sda app, reaching the next spending threshold for another £2 in the Christmas savings pot. There's £33 in there now which will go a good way towards our Christmas shopping, as family/illness/divorce/distance circumstances mean we don't tend to go in for the big Christmas thing which always makes me sad, but it is what it is. 😔 I need to transfer OH the money for my shopping this morning once I've added it up.

    I had a terrible night's sleep last night. I was lying there worrying about money, the mortgage, paying for everything and berating myself for past poor decisions. Everything seems so much worse at night time doesn't it. I need to get back to reality and taking things a day at a time again. I think it's because everything is so expensive now and going up in price and I've never been so close to not being able to afford everything on my own before. It feels a bit like like living on the edge of a cliff all the time.

    Anyway, ebay bids are doing well, that will bring in around £60 so far. It may even spur me on to listing a few more things!

    Happy Friday everyone x

    Mortgage at highest: £147,500 Now: £64,402.18
    Mortgage OP’s: £26,363.96
    Debt: £5755.68 £2980.50
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.