We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
MeandO's money-shuffling
Comments
-
Thanks vampirotoothus, another great idea! I wouldn't really need many units but a diagonal wall (old fireplace) makes it a tricky shape to fit things in. I suppose I could always adapt them to fit though or at least have a go.
Mortgage at highest: £147,500 Now: £64,755.45
Mortgage OP’s: £26,363.96
Debt: £4255.68 £29970 -
PAD for to the debt today was £2, sent over from my spends pot. Will update the signature shortly.
I’ve been busy for the last couple of hours, cooking a big pan of caramelised onion & chicken pasta for DS (and the freezer). DS is tucking into it as I speak.Whilst that was simmering I put everything back into the utility room cupboard and put the big tubs of paint and car screen wash out in the shed. There’s much more room in the cupboard now, so all of the candles and tea lights have been stashed in an empty storage crate and now live in there too instead 6ft up on top of the boiler cupboard and spread across the window sill. Much tidier and also easier to reach and get to if needed in case of a power cut.
I’ve put a screw in the wall to hang the mop up alongside my new table top ironing board (which I absolutely love btw!). I’ve put a bigger spray mop with removable, machine washable ‘mop head ‘pads’ (which was free to me some time ago) aside for OH as he may want it, if not it’ll be advertised for free. A very old half tin of paint has been earmarked to be recycled next time I’m passing the tip. It’ll never look perfect in there but it’s a lot better than it was.
I took some cake over to some elderly neighbours earlier in the week and had a lovely chat with them. They returned my plate today with a 5 star review of my baking skills! I love to bake but I also love to eat cake and am very much trying not to, so I’m grateful to have willing cake-recipients on my doorstep. :)I was freezing and feeling rotten earlier so had a really hot bath which made me feel so much better. I cleaned the bath and sink afterwards and wiped the shower cubicle and tiles down quickly, so just the loo and the floor to clean in the bathroom which I will do later and then that’s ticked off the list.
I’m just having a cup of tea and a sit for 10 minutes before finding the next job to tackle. I might sit and read some of my book this evening, I didn’t feel like it last night and missed doing so.
Have a lovely evening all xx
Mortgage at highest: £147,500 Now: £64,755.45
Mortgage OP’s: £26,363.96
Debt: £4255.68 £29971 -
I've done similar with a power cut box, @MeandO. I had lots of those glasses, usually gifted to me with a scented candle inside & they were dotted all over the place. I've just chosen 4 for our mantlepiece & put all the others in a box in the settle with a tealight in each. I can find those by torchlight, matches at the ready & have them lit with the minimum of faff.
2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
