We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MeandO's money-shuffling

1…124125126127128130»

Comments

  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 9,231 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Hung up my suit! Mortgage-free Glee!

    I’ve dried washing on radiators for years oops 😬 however since moving back up north I have used a dehumidifier at the same time. My house is now smaller and colder so the dehumidifier is essential in my view to stop condensation. I got one from s fix just under £100 with a laundry drying setting. Might cost more now and if you can’t afford one try to open trickle vents if you have them or crack open windows.

    When DS was weight lifting I used to bulk buy meat from muscle foods online. Then I switched to Mr Al di as I only had the smaller freezer left (fridge/freezer) when my chest freezer packed up and I didn’t have spare cash to buy another. He used to eat whole tins of tuna with pasta & mayo pre-cooked in the fridge, chicken sausages pre-cooked and lots of eggs. I used to get frozen berries which can be quickly defrosted but didn’t seem to get eaten so quickly. Thankfully he started work at 18 and paid for his own food.

    So pleased to hear your mum is doing well after her op and my thoughts are with you all

    ❤️Mum 2018
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House cash purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 & left work. 🤗

    Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year

    ❤️Dad 2025

    Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

    Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • 1stTimer
    1stTimer Posts: 588 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Another vote here for dehumidifier, I absolutely love how easy it is to dry everything in winter now.

    I just stick the clothes on an clothes horse in the spare room, turn the dehumidifier on and close the door and it all drys in approx 6 hours

    The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #26 £667.95/£667.95✔️
    Save £12k in 2026 #12 £13,201.88/£7500

    Car Loan
    Dec 25- £14,114.74 (60mth) / paid off Aug 2026
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.