We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Best price for heating oil?

12357…32

Comments

  • Was looking at bolierjuice and they were quoting ~41.5p/l (excl VAT) for 2000+ litres. rang around several local suppliers and got 38.5(Incl VAT) with no problem.
    This has happenned on the last two occassions we've bought oil.
    I would recommend that you always ring around local suppliers and not just believe the spin on the Boilerjuice web site.
  • softuk
    softuk Posts: 60 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Boilerjuice quoting 41.44, and best price locally (so far) 40.74. Not a lot, but a difference.
  • I have found that 5-10 minutes spent calling round half a dozen suppliers locally (North Dorset in my case) has always got me a better price than BoilerJuice. BJ may be able to obtain a further discount through grouping, but it's not guaranteed and they cannot give any indication of what the discount might be (if any), so I prefer to go with the price I obtain for myself.
  • I have just ordered 1000 litres throught Boiler Juice price quoted for Lincolnshire is 35.45 ex vat. Not too bad me thinks!

    Final price after grouping 34.89 p/l ex vat - even better!
  • I have found heating oil.co.uk cheaper than boilerjuice, just ordered 500l for 30p a litre!
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • I have found heating oil.co.uk cheaper than boilerjuice, just ordered 500l for 30p a litre! that includes vat and delivery
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • sorry for the duplicate post!
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • I have found that 5-10 minutes spent calling round half a dozen suppliers locally (North Dorset in my case) has always got me a better price than BoilerJuice.

    Well, me and my mouth. :o For the first time in over three years, BJ came up with the cheapest quote, even including their CC surcharge (none of our local suppliers apply a surcharge when I order direct, so why does BJ?). At least the surcharge can be avoided by using a Debit Card.

    heatingoil.co.uk don't 'do' North Dorset yet, and wellieboot.co.uk don't seem to give a price quote, just take an unpriced order! :confused:
  • Did you know that www. heatingoil.co.uk is actually Bayford Oil, of the same address: Bowcliffe Hall, Bramham LS23 6LP? If you use heatingoil you are only dealing with one company... I wonder why they don't come clean?
  • Boilerjuice doesnt do what they do in my area.
    Summer fill? 64p per litre. 2 days ago paid 34.3 on 1100 litres. The people I've got my DD with wanted 36.95 so thats their !!!! out the window.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.