We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

yougov.finance bribe

1…3637394142…147

Comments

  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,692 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 16 April 2023 at 9:36PM
    carpy said:
    i didn't want to delete and re-add because i was under the impression this would not qualify for rewards??
    If you add, delete, add within 90 days (or possibly less*) then it would not qualify. I deleted all my accounts when they expired & added 10 of them back and got the full reward.

    * I got a message at least 10 days before mine expired saying to reconsent & that I had 10 left. As it wouldn't let me add any (as I had more than 10 at that point), I did actually wait for them to expire and re-add them to avoid any issues.

  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Anyone had issues adding HSBC group accounts?
    I keep getting a something gone wrong message for FD & M&S accounts.
    I had them on originally, but now not working.
  • ZeroSum said:
    Anyone had issues adding HSBC group accounts?
    I keep getting a something gone wrong message for FD & M&S accounts.
    I had them on originally, but now not working.
    No, mine both went through easily enough.
    Barclays was the one I had problems with, took me 5 or 6 attempts.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 30,741 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ZeroSum said:
    Anyone had issues adding HSBC group accounts?
    I keep getting a something gone wrong message for FD & M&S accounts.
    I had them on originally, but now not working.
    I wasn't able to add my HSBC account, but I assumed that's more to do with having no rewards left to redeem, but I now have 4 left and it's still erroring. The connection gets set up in OB, but with a same day expiry date.
  • piker57
    piker57 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 17 April 2023 at 8:27AM
    ZeroSum said:
    Anyone had issues adding HSBC group accounts?
    I keep getting a something gone wrong message for FD & M&S accounts.
    I had them on originally, but now not working.
    I had a problem where my HSBC credit card didn’t register with YouGov Finance until the 4th attempt. When I checked the open banking connections in the HSBC App it shows 4 Truelayer authorisations. I got the 500 YGF points & when it’s time to reconnect I’ll cancel the connections in the HSBC App
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    no Lloyds banking group accounts (bank of scotland, halifax etc.) will re-consent through the Yougov site!!!

    however checking the online banking sites themselves show active connections??

    reluctant to delete accounts and re-add due to the warning message that pops up about not receiving points for adding again later on 
  • Band7
    Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Question for those who had points before they deleted some or all of their accounts: was your points balance reduced by the deletion?
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,423 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Band7 said:
    Question for those who had points before they deleted some or all of their accounts: was your points balance reduced by the deletion?
    Bit tricky to be sure since as soon as I reached 50 quidsworth they were cashed in but I don't believe so. I deleted 22 accounts when the 10 account limit was introduced and don't recall any points deduction.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 17 April 2023 at 9:59AM
    Am i reading correctly that people are deleting accounts once expired and then re-adding to get the points ?

    If so why ? Absolutely no need to do that, just re-consent to the 10 which you want  through the account list page, where most will not have to go back through the bank verification pages.
  • Am i reading correctly that people are deleting accounts once expired and then re-adding to get the points ?

    If so why ? Absolutely no need to do that, just re-consent to the 10 which you want  through the account list page, where most will not have to go back through the bank verification pages.
    Because, in my case, I added 22 accounts a while ago, 14 paid out. Absolutely no idea which did or did not and cannot be bothered working it out. Deleted the lot and started again after 90 days. 
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.