2023 - No Craft Spending - I WILL bust my stash and make pretty things!!!!!

Comments

• @flipflopflo Your cushion is lovely. I like the way you've done your writing. I've done that round about Applique shapes but never made it into words. Looks great.

Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • @emsi_b itvwould be great to see somr pics. I am particularly interested in your caligraphy and where you are learning from
    @flipflopflo I love your cushion too. Mine never turn out quite square! 🤦‍♀️. I think it should be quite an easy thing to get right. I cut them out right bit something goes amiss along the way. What patience you have for stitching the words. 
    craft stash 2023 =161 items 2024 = £20.00/ £180. 00 
                      26 made 2 mended

Decluttering challenge 25/150 🥇🥇🥇

GC 2022 = £3154.96 / £3,600
          2023 = £3334. 84/£3200. 
          2024 =. £968. 32/£3200

Jan £147.95, Feb  £180. 50 March £205.38
    April ££434.49/£300 🤯
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

I am the same @Sammy_Kaye18 when spring comes gardening starts and there is much less crafting done. 
    Im the same. Husband built me a deck the year before last out of old pallets and some deck boards and I spent most of the summer in the garden last year - either gardening or enjoying the deck as we have a particularly nice view (I will find a picture) so Im hoping that once I have finished my garden chores for the day that I can sit outside and enjoy the nicer weather and maybe do some crafting outside too. Even if its outdoor related crafts. 
    Im also the same as you. I have a box of old clothes my daughter outgrew that have funky patterns or thats nice material with the aim of reusing them, making them into practical things, crafting something etc - Ive literally used the onesie so far - I made two dog jackets from a large portion of it and then the peg bag from the left over sleeves. 
    Hi all, can I join? I don't have a stash as such, but I do have a large cross stitch I bought to complete & frame as a present to a friend.
    I think I did like an hour of work on it so far 2 years ago!! Her birthday is in November, so I need accountability to get it done!

Welcome to the thread Raphael. Love the picture. He was / is my favourite ninja turtle too. I am currently trying to get a cross stitch finished for February so I feel the pressure with it at the minute although I think I am on track nicely. 

@flipflopflo - love the pillow and that it has a little pocket to put a book into. 
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • Soontobeoap
    Soontobeoap Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 28 January 2023 at 11:59PM
    So finally you have all inspired me to catch up with old projects and ones on the "when I get round to it" list. I have cleared 4 bin bags of stuff from 4 wardrobes. DH is always complaining that he needs more shorts in the summer. We found 8 pairs!!! Even he was surprised. Soo many things that I had saved to use the material, Moth eaten jumpers, half altered projects. You really wouldn't believe. Any way I decided to be ruthless and basically I was left with a few things that I have given myself 2 weeks to finish or they go too. This afternoon I have fixed a hole in a dress, taken in a tunic top and taken up a skirt. Busy day with 3 more craft projects under my belt. 
    craft stash 2023 =161 items 2024 = £20.00/ £180. 00 
                      26 made 2 mended

Decluttering challenge 25/150 🥇🥇🥇

GC 2022 = £3154.96 / £3,600
          2023 = £3334. 84/£3200. 
          2024 =. £968. 32/£3200

Jan £147.95, Feb  £180. 50 March £205.38
    April ££434.49/£300 🤯
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,656 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    This afternoon I have fixed a hole in a dress, taken in a tunic top and taken up a skirt. Busy day with 3 more craft projects under my belt. 
    Well done lovely. 
    I think sometimes you have to be ruthless with things. I have decided that I will look through mine and if I cant find or think of an actual use or a project to use it with then I will remove any fastenings like zips or buttons etc and keep those as they are always practical things that I either forget to pick up or am forever looking for. 

I have done some more on my robins.
    I replaced the sticker on the back of my husbands car that I made for him. 
    Now off to kitchen craft with my small person - she wants to make rice crispie cakes and Im making an apple crumble. 
    Then this evening Ill do some more cross stitching. 
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport