New Mortgage, New Marriage, New Allotment - Oh My!

Options
123457»

Comments

• SeekingFlight
    SeekingFlight Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Where does the time go?

More mad olio'ing i'm so determined to get the stiff out of the house. 

I went full out on the kitchen and did a full cupboard empty and sort of all pots and pans, crockery you name it i sorted it. Got another bag for the charity shop. Really pleased with myself that i used a wire shelving unit that i already had in a box that didn't work how i wanted somewhere else in the house to make pan storage :) using what i have and not buying more storage solutions - it's one of my major weaknesses spending on storage solutions.

Found some very old £1 and was able to pay them into my account so that's £8 for me, got a free burger as well  as some was ill and it was pre-ordered all i had to do was pick it up from the food park.  

Trying to be more chill this week and eat all the veg in the fridge until payday on Friday - wish me luck!
    Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi seeking flight, just spotted your diary and wanted to say hi. 
    I’m so sorry for your loss, what a devastating thing to have happened, I’m glad you are carrying on with your OH’s business, you seem like a very positive person and I wish you all the best for the future 😊
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Hi @newgirly

thanks x, just plugging away doing my best. 

I'm out on the market this Saturday, must take myself some lunch and snacks so i don't spend extra cash. I do get a couple of hot coffees though :) my treat for working. 

There is only one cupboard in the house left to sort. Then I'll allow myself a break before i tackle the garage. Then i will not accumulate this much stuff ever again.

Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We cleared our (rented) garage this year after paying a fortune for years to basically store junk, the relief was immense when it was done and I handed back the keys, good luck! 
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Morning MSE'ers

Well yesterday my mother got her cheque for the £20,500 I borrowed to buy the house in 2022. I didn't use all of it, I had about £12K leftover but she let me keep it for emergencies. I had a deadline of February 2024 for myself to pay it back and have a 5K buffer and i met that on the 26th of January.

Apart from my mortgage I no longer owe anyone any money. 

Good week all over my energy supplier have also reduced my payments to £88 from £259 starting Feb, as i built up a £700 credit because they are stupid. 

Going to see my newest baby nephew today :) really looking forward to it. 
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    It's been a busy week, I've been on a massive cleaning binge although i did rearrange the under sink cupboard and found i have a pretty good stock of cleaning products so none of that needed for awhile.

I bought myself a pet buggy this week, i live on the same road as my vets but the rabbits are too heavy to carry as its a 15 min walk. I'd normally either have to ask a friend, taxi or walk part way to the bus and then part way from the other end. I probably saved myself £30 already in taxi fares or £10in bus fares so i think it will quickly pay for itself. Plus i love having the independence to take them without help or relying on unreliable buses.

My big bunnies spay was planned and was still an ouch moment for the budget but i also had to take my remaining rat and that was an unexpected scoop out of the pot this month. Still working with what we have. Going to pop to aldi later and then to iceand as a treat :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback