New Mortgage, New Marriage, New Allotment - Oh My!

Options

Comments

• SeekingFlight
    Options
    I did in fact have to be a lie down bee yesterday as I wore myself out.

I am having bunny drama, my original boy (Mr Fern) has rejected many ladies but i keep being told he needs a companion. The result of this is i now have a second bunny in my sun room that i have been trying to bond with him. They are not bonding they keep nipping at each other. The professional bonders in the area wont bond bunnies until 3 months after neutering and she is only 3 months, so i wouldn't neuter till 6 months at least since she is growing.

So now i'm wondering if i have to get her a companion and have 3 bunnies as i don't want to rehome her she is such a charming girl, or her breeder said she would take her back but I don't really know if i want to do that, idk if she will then be a breeding bunny or rehomed to wherever. I don't feel i can be assured that she will have a good life.

This is why I'd never breed an animal myself i can't ensure their well being.

Is three bunnies to many bunnies? 

Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • LadyWithAPlan
    Options

I am having bunny drama, my original boy (Mr Fern) has rejected many ladies but i keep being told he needs a companion. The result of this is i now have a second bunny in my sun room that i have been trying to bond with him. They are not bonding they keep nipping at each other. The professional bonders in the area wont bond bunnies until 3 months after neutering and she is only 3 months, so i wouldn't neuter till 6 months at least since she is growing.

So now i'm wondering if i have to get her a companion and have 3 bunnies as i don't want to rehome her she is such a charming girl, or her breeder said she would take her back but I don't really know if i want to do that, idk if she will then be a breeding bunny or rehomed to wherever. I don't feel i can be assured that she will have a good life.

not if you have the room ;)
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

DON'T BUY STUFF (from Frugalwoods)
    No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

My March  streaks to track
    Track Minimalist game  items (Nov 310)   (Dec  95)  (Jan 90)   Feb 50
    Exercise streak  
    YNAB days:: Target 50 days -Age of money 29
    Track my NSD's - Target 13 days/ 0/13

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • SeekingFlight
    Options

not if you have the room ;)
    that's what i was thinking  :D
    Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • SeekingFlight
    SeekingFlight Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well here we are another year, congrats to everyone who made it to midnight :)

Starting the year off with some budgetary cleaning
    • Apple Music £10.99 a month - cancelled 
    • Ratty Fatty Subscription Box £23.80 a month - cancelled
    • NOW TV £6.99 a month - cancelled
    • WOW+ £4.33 a month - cancelled
    So £46.11 a month saved which I can now transfer into the really good Petplan insurance for the bunnies.

Looking at adjusting my costs where possible this year so i spend no more money but i prioritise better. 
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Morning MSE'ers, 

First week of Jan has been a tough one, not for over spending thankfully but getting back into the grind has been harder than i expected. 

Did manage to stick to my seed budget for maybe the first time ever i said under £18 and i spent £16.10 so really happy with that, got a winter squash, golden-sweet mangetout, tiny melon (grew them successfully for the first time last year) and an early sweet pepper that gave me handfuls last year so should be able to manage those.

Busy weekend of cleaning and sorting ahead :)
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Ugh! trying to register for self-assessment tax, my brain feels like cheese now and not even the good cheese.

Busy Sunday of laundering and task list bashing ahead - good luck to anyone else hitting the lists today x
  • LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I am also finalising last bit of my tax stuff today - did most in Nov then hit a thorny bit - so hopefully we will both win today and get this done! 

I am also looking at subscriptions- cancelled two and about to cancel two more 
     as I have a student discount card due to my college (first one in 25 yrs) I have 6 month free Amazon prime but then 50% off and trying to work out if I need it .. as it is is convenient.. 
    plus I got a work related subscription 50% off as well 
    There will always be a (beautiful stilettoed) foot in fabulous in LaPlan's life.
    I am choosing to be fabulously frugal to support some wonderful life changing and affirming financial goals including buying a London home I love.

No seriously, just don’t buy things. 99% of our success with our savings rate is attributed to the fact that we don’t buy things. You can’t really hack your way to frugal. You can and should take advantage of discounts, coupons, rewards points, and the like. But at the end of the day, the only way to truly save money is to not buy stuff.    Money doesn’t walk out of your wallet on its own accord.

Exercise streak  

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6289577/future-proofing-my-life-deposit-saving-then-mfw-journey-in-under-13-years#latest
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    @LadyWithAPlan i did manage to get registered, should have a number in 10 days.

I also got my benefit through from my new EE contract 24 months of Xbox game pass so that's £12.99 a month saved and my new contract is cheaper than my old one. 

Put a few things on vinted on Tuesday and had to do mass posting yesterday but it's good to declutter the house, I'd like to have less things to manage. Did feel like a chonky pack horse though on my way to the inpost lockers.

• LadyWithAPlan
    LadyWithAPlan Posts: 2,242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    £12.99 a month is a great savings!
    My local inpost box has been moved miles away (from around the corner annoyingly) so its now not an option given indeed one does feel like a donkey ... Are you tracking your vinted sales amounts? I still have yet to start

Exercise streak  

• SeekingFlight
    Options

@LadyWithAPlan I track all my cash making in detail anyway it lets me compare how productive a stream has been over the year. Glad I'm already in good habits for the year. It's a shame about your Inpost lockers now I've gotten the hang of them i find them really useful. I don't have to wait for them to be open for a start.

Busy weekend so far, got lured into that trap of going to a food shop because i had a voucher for my weekly then failing to meet the criteria for it. Not really a problem I still got a weekly shop within budget and the voucher lasts another 15 days so I'll use it in a fortnight for an ingredient shop I need replacement vinegars etc. 

Managed to rehome 8 items through Olio, 4 collected already so that's, sold another 3 items on vinted and posted them so they are off and away, Ziffit collection booked for next Tuesday. Still so much t do though, i don't know how anyone manages. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback