New Mortgage, New Marriage, New Allotment - Oh My!

Options

Comments

• SeekingFlight
    Options
    Coming in on Monday morning with a £4.10 cash out from Curi**sCat.

Got one of my birthday presents sorted out but no cleaning at all. Lets see how we do today :)
    Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Its only Thursday it feels like February already.

Another £1.09 for the £10 a day challenge today. Its slow going but I don't need much more (about £25) to hit the target for January so I'm hoping that will come through for me on the weekend. 

Found something i thought was long gone yesterday, when we moved house back in Feb last year i had some cheques from Christmas that my OH insisted they hadn't seem. Found them micro cleaning a drawer last night stuffed in with all the missing fridge magnets and appliance manuals. Far too old to cash now which is a shame but i haven't missed them so i'm just chalking it up to a funny story.
    Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • South_coast
    South_coast Posts: 4,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Who were the cheques from? If it was a business, you could get in touch with them and ask them to reissue them, they'll be able to tell from their records that they've never been cashed (I did this once years ago with a refund from HMRC that had been sent to an old address)

If they were from friends/family, then I agree it would probably be a bit impertinent to ask for them again 🤣!
    Mortgage start: £65,495 (March 2016)
    Cleared 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️!!! In 5 years, 1 month and 29 days
    Total amount repaid: £72,307.03. £1.10 repaid for every £1.00 borrowed

Finally earning interest instead of paying it!!!
  • SeekingFlight
    Options

Hey @South_coast, they were from my mum and aunt. I think that ship has sailed lol
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Banks have been known to let them through.
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    badmemory said:
    Banks have been known to let them through.
    I might let my family know that i found them and am destroying them in case they couldn't reconcile the missing cheques with their bank and see if that works out for me. No expectations.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's always worth a try.
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    So my mum did offer to send me a fresh cheque but I declined, when I go down to see her in February she is going to buy me dinner out. So that will be delightful. 

Got someone coming to buy 2 of my aloe vera plants today, only £2 but will go in the January figures so that's a win.

Mostly today I am sorting and cleaning, I'm trying a new method of overview + mico cleaning to see if it helps me keep the house in order. For example I just cleaned the bedroom which meant tidying, dusting, changing the bed, clean the mirror and hoovering + applying a fresh swipe of mould and mildew spray to the window frames. I will do that level over the whole house = Overview clean.

However next week i'm going to focus just on the main bedroom for micro cleans which are
    • Clean out the bedside table - (sort the change, chuck empty packaging, put some of the books back etc)
    • Clean my bookcase - (dust, sort/rehome random items that get stuck there)
    • Sort the bed linin drawer - select some for sale 
    • Sort clothes i don't wear out of my wardrobe
    • Sort through my over wardrobe storage
    • Sort the second underbed drawer so all the bed linin fits in the two
    • polish my tarnished jewellery
    If I do 1 or 2 of these micro cleans a day the bed room should be pretty spot on by next weekend and i can move onto another room. Otherwise i do one room really well takes 4 hours and then the kitchen is still filthy and  spend all weekend at it.

Wish me luck.

• SeekingFlight
    Options
    January Roundup

January Make £5 a Day - £244.76/£155 :)
    Make 2023 in 2023 - £140.79/£2023

Pretty happy with this month not sure how much I will be sustaining this over the year my OH's blood results from yesterday are not good, we're waiting on a call today for her CT scan. I may not be leaving the house much for awhile. 

Still I'll probably need the money at some point so I guess I should press on.

Sneaking in today to renew my passport before I have to pay the extra £7, not much but hey I'd rather it was mine.

• SeekingFlight
    Options
    Happy February :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback