New Mortgage, New Marriage, New Allotment - Oh My!

Options

Comments

• SeekingFlight
    Options
    Wow today was a tough day, my OH had to go into hospital to have fluid drained from her abdomen. I was there from 8:30 till 12 then into work (in a taxi, car is not starting) until 4 and back in the hospital 4:30 until 19:30. 

I ended up getting us takeaway for dinner because I was shattered, then I needed to do my passport renewal which I just snuck in so I ended up dropping about £120 today with the vet bill from Monday this week has really bashed my potential savings.

Guess I better get on over to the Make £££ a day thread and hunt down some ideas. Plus I've got a half day extra work at a local business Saturday pm, my OH's sister is coming to visit for the day so i can leave her in safe hands. I need the break to do something else, will get a nice hot coffee to myself in a quiet café somewhere in the am.
    Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Its been an ok start to February, already smashed the Make £ Extra a Day with £156.67, mostly thanks to a bit of consultancy and a bug Quidco payout from buying all the house items last year after we moved.

Task wise its been rough I'm rally struggling to put in my full hours at work and keep on top  of the house as my OH just can't help and has been feeling il. It's often not that i don't have time but I'm so sleep deprives as they wake me all night long that when I do have time I don't have the mental faculties to either do restful things or chores so i just end up sleeping on the sofa or binge watching tv for some headspace.

I really want to clear more items out of the house but I find the listing arduous, but then I think if I had less stuff to manage an cope with it would be easier.

Make £2024 in 2024 £2238.48/£2024"Remember not to do too many things at once" said me to herself.Mortgage Free Wannabe #25 2023 OP £2500/£7000
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    In non money saving news i got a poem accepted for publication :) 
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Wow crazy month I totally fell off my diary but it has been worth it

£436.33 made this month giving me a win on my make £5 a day in Feb and bringing my total of £2023 in 2023 to £577.12.

Still no extra OP on the mortgage but I did manage to save £60 this month so that will go on there once the site is working again.

• SeekingFlight
    Options
    Well I've come back to my diary finally, my OH passed away in over the April Bank Holiday and I've been getting the basics done but not a lot more or at least it doesn't feel like it.

I've taken over her Sole trader business in partnership with her full-time staff member and that's been a fair amount of work but a fitting legacy i feel. Much better than a bench anyway, my OH never sat down, always running off to do something cool. 

Keep safe MSE'ers x  
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,615 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So sorry to read this. 
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    So sorry to read of your loss.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,615 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    End of August where did the month go? 

I was hoping to finish the sun room in time to enjoy it and its pretty much done, i replaced all the bookshelves with ikea ones with doors on the bottom as the house rabbit (mr fern) eats books . Also the previous owner glued the curtain rails into their holders so no eyelet curtains for me better take those back and get some pencil pleat. No way i'm going to replace all the curtain rails. 
  • SeekingFlight
    Options
    Trying to get back into the habit of posting. 

I have a second bunny. Haven joined the family last Wednesday and is proving to be a very sweet addition, my existing house bunny has been showing signs of stress since he has now been left on his own a lot. I hope these two will bond and provide company for each other.

It does however mean i am providing double attention at the moment which is a bit time consuming but well worth it.

I'm still working away at decluttering the house but it's such a slow process. Vinted and Ziffit are my new best friends.

I have the last of my roses arriving this week, a climber for the front of the house called an Iceberg. Going to be all potted gardening next year as i lost my allotment, i didn't work it and they chose not to make allowances for my circumstances this year. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback