We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Progress not Perfection

1…117511761177117811791181»

Comments

  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 5,010
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Good news on the diagnosis at last.

    Every year I think about making crackers, but I never do. But most year's now, there is only the 2 of us, but it would be an extra bit of fun. DH would have to fill mine though....lol

    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys October £ 72.77

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  443/2026
    Books read   2025/23   2026- 22 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,280
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Morning all, happy Saturday 🥂

    Having a lovely relaxing morning so far as DD is at work and Mr SA and the dog are still in bed. I need to get a move on soon though as I want to have a very productive weekend.

    To do:

    • Clean the whole house
    • Finish off Project Pantry
    • Clean the insides of the windows
    • Tidy the garden

    Mr SA will be back on the Harrington jacket pester as soon as he gets up - he’s not going to let it go until he has it now. He also wants a target sticker for his scooter and some driving gloves.

    I’m making a veg curry in the slow cooker for tonight’s dinner.

    I’ve booked a 2 hours free electricity slot for tomorrow so I need to plan that out.

    Exercise will be yoga, dog walking and general pottering.

    Strictly and Prosecco tonight 🥳

    I can hear Mr SA getting up so time to make a move I think.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • KajiKita
    KajiKita Posts: 10,850
    10,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    A target sticker?? I’m surprised he doesn’t want go-faster stripes! 😉

    Really pleased to hear about the diagnosis (finally) and I hope the meds help with minimal side effects. A real possibility of a significant quality of life uptick here … 🤞

    KK

    As at 26.09.26:
    - When bought house £315,995 mortgage debt and end date at start = October 2039 - now £210,560
    - OPs to mortgage = £20,180 Estd. interest saved = £10,393 to date
    c. 17 months reduction in term
    Fixed rate 3.85% ends October 2030

    Read 71 books of target 52 in 2026 as @ 4th October. 
    Produce tracker: £329 of £400 in 2026

    Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
    Watch your words, they become your actions. 
    Watch your actions, they become your reality. 
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 5,010
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I was planning on cleaning inside our windows today as well. Meant to do them in the week. The front bedroom one looks awful when the sun shines through.

    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys October £ 72.77

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  443/2026
    Books read   2025/23   2026- 22 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,721
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Thanks for the windows reminder - that needs to be on my list, as does trying mango slaw thanks to your mention of it.

    Your short list of today's jobs is a mastery of concise-ness. If I did it, I'd have to be granular and identify the fifty million or so sub-jobs, or I'd just sit on the computer feeling overwhelmed. I know it will be satisfying when done, though.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Dakota_Rose
    Dakota_Rose Posts: 860
    500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Cheering you on for a productive weekend. I think mine will be spent mostly horizontal 🥴.

    PBs £3050 (including £1k EF & £1k Christmas fund)
    21/26 books for 2026

    Take the time to find the joy in each day

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.