PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No buying until I’ve used up ALL my stashes

Options

Comments

• ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 January 2023 at 8:16PM
    Options
     ^^^^^^   gammon in the slow cooker with cola? next time I am trying it with ginger beer. You could finish it off in the oven to get a crispy glazed skin
    probably in the pressure cooker tomorrow (i want to soak it tonight to get some of the salt out). but can't do it in cola unfortunately.

1 no cola in the house and i dont want to buy any :D and 2 i want to use some of the stock for the soup. 

i'm thinking if i take the water from the pressure cooker and add the veg scraps ive got in the freezer then i can leave it overnight tomorrow night in the slow cooker. then drain check for saltiness and dilute to use for stock when i make the soup on monday. 

and yes to glazing. we like mustard and brown sugar in this house (not sure what other people use to glaze?)
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,645 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I like gammon cooked in Tango in the SC.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure