A new me in 2023 with Slimming World!

Welcome to our new Slimming World thread! This is for anyone who wants to lose weight in 2023 using the Slimming World healthy eating plan. If you’re new to the plan, a returner or a target member then this is the place for you!

Is now the time to loose your lockdown weight or any weight you are not happy with.

Join us for support.

Now is a perfect time for a fresh start, lose all the bad habits that have crept in during lockdown & this topsy turvey world and get back on track. Everyone is welcome whether you’ve just got a few pounds to lose or a few stone. You can do it and the thread can help!

If you’ve never done Slimming World before, but you’re thinking about it, then post your questions and we’ll try to help. Everyone is welcome, and it’s free!!

We are a supportive bunch of people all at different stages of our journey.
The more the merrier :smiley:
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Beanie :smile:

Happy SW!!

What are these Bao buns are they like bread?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Thanks for the new thread @beanielou.

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,578 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for starting us off @beanielou., 😊

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,223 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    bubbs said:

Happy SW!!

I cant describe them.
    Still not sure what they are like.
    Nothing I have had before & not bread.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    beanielou said:
    bubbs said:

Happy SW!!

I cant describe them.
    Still not sure what they are like.
    Nothing I have had before & not bread.
    I won't buy any then if you are not sure 🤣 i am not very adventurous really, i like what i like 😂 
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Jumping on quick to say thanks Beanie for the new thread and I need prayers for WI tomorrow !
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning - thanks @beanielou for the new thread, much appreciated xx

I too need prayers @Jellybaby as scales are showing a 4lb gain!! I was as good as I could be at BIL's yesterday - plenty of plain salad and shredded red cabbage coleslaw, one pork sausage and half a JP with some melted cheese. I had a small Baileys when we got home. More for medicinal purposes as my throat is really sore and I got up at 5.55am today as was coughing and nose bunged up. Currently sipping green tea with lemon to ease my throat and hopefully make me 'go' as I've not been properly for nearly a week now. Sorry that's TMI!

Food today will be:
    B - banana (at WI), weetabix, milk - HEB, HEA
    L - pasta n sauce with salad leaves and dry fried peppers - 0.5, S
    D - chilli con carne with rice (at friends house for NYE)
    Syns - 0.5 plus possibly having a drink tonight. I might actually drive if I don't feel 100%.

Happy new year to you all xx
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Hi everyone, hope its ok to join you all for 2023

I have followed slimming world before many years ago, lost around 3 st but over the years it has crept back on and got to the point where I'm almost at my start weight again. I'm very much not enjoying that tight clothes feeling so something has to change. 

I am undecided as to whether I'll be going to a group or joining online or simply just going it alone but I am sure I will figure out what will suit me. 

Happy New Year everyone! x 
    £1 a day for 2023 #58 £165/£365
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning all, another horrible, wet and windy day.  Need to pop out to the butchers and also one of the SMs to pick up a couple of bits which I didn't realise we needed when I went the other day including more eggs!

Welcome @cherry_22 to our lovely thread and of course you are very welcome no matter how you decide to follow SW.

An easy day today for me cooking wise with simple food so the plan is:

B - breakfast hash topped with eggs - P; S; F
    L - pizza toast - HEA2; HEB; P; S
    D - gammon, chips, beans - P; F (last of the Christmas gammon)

HEA1 - milk
    HEA2 - cheese
    Syns - couple of drinks this evening so either 5 or 6 depending on whether I decide to have rum or gin!

Hope you all have a lovely day.

• bubbs
    Morning all 😁

Welcome cherry 😁

Just a quick pop in couldn't leave you hanging in suspense for weigh in I only went and lost 1/2lb 😁😁😁😁😁😱 dunno how that happened.

Now on for prepping Christmas dinner 🤣
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback