PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2023 Fashion on the Ration Challenge

Comments

• Wraithlady
    Wraithlady Posts: 856 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    DrCarrie said:
    There are very few people in my family that appreciate homemade gifts, I have given up trying to convert them. But do make things for those who do. 

Luckily, I have a little niece who is still at the stage where having an auntie who makes things is the best thing ever!  I'm enjoying it while I can.
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • I’m carrying over 23 coupons so starting off with a generous 89 coupons, but really aiming to keep it as low as last year. 

I need some new ankle boots, but apart from that I’m hoping to buy second hand as I did last year. I may spend some coupons on fabric as I want to do more sewing this year, although I should really be using up stuff from my stash. 

I’ve had so much helpful advice on here about fabric, yarn, how to store and care for clothes as well. Luckily my family do appreciate home made stuff although I don’t find time to make as much as I’d like. 
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    I had 12.5 coupons left so I'm starting with 78 this year to keep it tidy!
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • Well, starting with 66 coupons as I've not done this before, and I've ordered two pairs of joggers today so I'm down to 54 already!
  • DrCarrie
    DrCarrie Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic First Post
    Diane1276 said:
    Well, starting with 66 coupons as I've not done this before, and I've ordered two pairs of joggers today so I'm down to 54 already!
    Goodness! that like me at the start of each month on groceries - spend the majority of the budget at the beginning. 
    Mortgage 17th of Jan 24 = £174,000
    Escaping into Private Practice fund £330/£11,000 = 3%
  • I'll join again this year.  I was lurking for most of last year and had to buy a few items for special occasions but lost count of the coupons, so I'll start with 66 this year.  Had a good shop today when we found a dinner suit for DH in a charity shop for £10!!!  We are going to a posh dinner in April and I said let's look in charity shops, he said we'd never find one but there it was in the second shop we looked in.  It fits perfectly.
    Stash busting challenge 2024: 3/100 £0/£50 Fashion on the ration 2024: 0/66
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 January 2023 at 9:35PM
    Can anyone help me fix my signature?  I am not certain what I’ve done, but it won’t insert paragraphs anymore.  Any ideas?

It’s the second day of the year and I’ve already blown through 10 coupons.  L!dl have sports clothing on offer this week. I really need another top to run in, since my current one absolutely stinks by the end of the week.  They had neon pink and black, so I picked up a black one in my size.

Nearby they had their Christmas jumpers for £3.99 and I just couldn’t resist.  If they’d had their bears, I’d probably have bought one of those, too.  Oops…..

I'll join again this year.  I was lurking for most of last year and had to buy a few items for special occasions but lost count of the coupons, so I'll start with 66 this year.  Had a good shop today when we found a dinner suit for DH in a charity shop for £10!!!  We are going to a posh dinner in April and I said let's look in charity shops, he said we'd never find one but there it was in the second shop we looked in.  It fits perfectly.
    How serendipitous for your DH @keepcalmandcraft.  Well spotted!

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons,
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure