PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2023 Fashion on the Ration Challenge

Options

Comments

• skogar
    skogar Posts: 602 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in for this year - will get my signature updated soon. :-)
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 61.5/66.5 coupons remaining
    1 cardigan
  • DrCarrie
    DrCarrie Posts: 866 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud! Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can anyone help me fix my signature?  I am not certain what I’ve done, but it won’t insert paragraphs anymore.  Any ideas?

I have had the same problem for several months now, maybe it needs reporting up to the IT team? 
    Mortgage 17th of Jan 24 = £174,000
    Escaping into Private Practice fund £330/£11,000 = 3%
  • Laura_Elsewhere
    Laura_Elsewhere Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 3 January 2023 at 2:29PM
    Options
    You go to 'Edit Profile' and there's a box to the left with a list that includes something like "Edit Signature" - that then enables you to update your sig.file. 

If I've just done it correctly, moments ago, then this post should include my 2023 coupons :) 

EDIT TO ADD: yes, it does but it's crammed everything together into one paragraph when I had it spaced out in lines, hmmm... 

Anyway, you definitely can add text and paragraphs...

ETA again: it's 'Signature Settings' you click on, in 'Edit Profile'

When I return to that, it persists in showing me the old pre-just-now sig to edit... definitely a bit weird... 
    2024: 66 coupons
    second-hand acquisitions (no coupons): c.5 yards rich-red heavy linen fabric, free; c.3 yards cream linen, eBay;
    2024 needlework (reverse-coupons): 3:i:24 sleep-mask (0); 12:i:2024 red linen pinafore dress (7); *Reverse-couponing*: 7 coupons

........................................................................................................................................................................2023 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 66 coupons for 2023 - Jan 27th jeans 6 coupons; February 25th, 2 pairs plimsoles 2x5 coupons; March a second pair of jeans 6 coupons, 300g of wool for slipover 6 coupons, 8 metres linen for undies, 0 coupons as present; leather lace-up shoes 5 coupons; May blue t-shirt 5 coupons, two pairs of shorts-knickers 4 coupons each; December grey/red tartan dress 7 coupons, four pairs knickers 4x2 coupons, pyjamas to wear as blouse and knickers, 5 and 2 coupons = -1 coupons left for 2023..2021 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 66 coupons for 2021TotalRem'g as of Oct 5th 43.5..2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: Calculations not done yet - started with 74.5 coupons (66+8.5 from 2019)..2019 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 8.5 coupons left out of 66
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 January 2023 at 2:43PM
    Options
    You go to 'Edit Profile' and there's a box to the left with a list that includes something like "Edit Signature" - that then enables you to update your sig.file. 

If I've just done it correctly, moments ago, then this post should include my 2023 coupons :) 

EDIT TO ADD: yes, it does but it's crammed everything together into one paragraph when I had it spaced out in lines, hmmm... 

When I return to that, it persists in showing me the old pre-just-now sig to edit... definitely a bit weird... 
    Yes, I have that problem, too, @Laura_Elsewhere

Even weirder:  a half-written post - which I completed and posted yesterday - keeps reappearing in the comment/reply box.

- Pip
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Yes, I have that problem, too, @Laura_Elsewhere

Even weirder:  a half-written post - which I completed and posted yesterday - keeps reappearing in the comment/reply box.

- Pip
    I've had half written posts reappearing too! 
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Laura_Elsewhere
    Options

- Pip
    Oh gawd, I had that last year for weeks!!! The same one-and-a-half-line post just endlessly...

They definitely have some tech problems!
    second-hand acquisitions (no coupons): c.5 yards rich-red heavy linen fabric, free; c.3 yards cream linen, eBay;
    2024 needlework (reverse-coupons): 3:i:24 sleep-mask (0); 12:i:2024 red linen pinafore dress (7); *Reverse-couponing*: 7 coupons

........................................................................................................................................................................2023 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 66 coupons for 2023 - Jan 27th jeans 6 coupons; February 25th, 2 pairs plimsoles 2x5 coupons; March a second pair of jeans 6 coupons, 300g of wool for slipover 6 coupons, 8 metres linen for undies, 0 coupons as present; leather lace-up shoes 5 coupons; May blue t-shirt 5 coupons, two pairs of shorts-knickers 4 coupons each; December grey/red tartan dress 7 coupons, four pairs knickers 4x2 coupons, pyjamas to wear as blouse and knickers, 5 and 2 coupons = -1 coupons left for 2023..2021 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 66 coupons for 2021TotalRem'g as of Oct 5th 43.5..2020 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: Calculations not done yet - started with 74.5 coupons (66+8.5 from 2019)..2019 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 8.5 coupons left out of 66
  • Laura_Elsewhere
    Options
    btw, in 2023, as well as attempting to keep on top of listing my Coupons when I buy any new clothing, footwear, fabric or yarn, I shall also be trying to list fabric and yarn for things I make from what I already have, to see if I can use up 66 coupons'; worth of materials!
    I intended to do it last year but then forgot... ;) 

• wit40iwtwan
    Options
    Question - I have a BIG collection of fabric/yarn/craft stuff - I am wondering if anyone on here has a similar problem and what you do if you no longer fancy the stuff in your stash - do you sell it, give it away or is there possibly an option to swap with like minded individuals and if you did, would it count towards coupons?

Well lets see - I dip in and out of MSE all the time but I still come back - have done since 2007!!! 2023 - Fashion on a ration - 5/66 2023 - 1p Chalenge - £18 in Monzo pot (cannot do pennies so am rounding up)2023 - Frugal Living - Budget still to be finalised - ambition is to cut my food budget by 20% by shopping smarter and meal planning 2023 - January - NSD 15/20 February - NSD 3/15
  • @wit40iwtwan I’m in the same boat, I’m going to be going through most of what I have into a keep pile, a make something for donation pile, a donation pile and the fabric/yarn I know I can sell, I’ll sell. I have a lot of hand dyed yarn, so it’s going to be difficult to find out whether anyone wants that or now, so I’ll probably end up making blankets for our MSPCA charity.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2023
    Yearly Grocery Challenge :  £17.89/£2100
    Fashion on the Ration 2023 - 66 points
  • Laura_Elsewhere
    Options
    @wit40iwtwan and @Landgirlinthelittlecity - we spent part of the days after Xmas tackling my escaped fabric and although not yet newly catalogued, there is basically just shameful quantities, and of yarn too.

I;m trying this year to use it up to the tune of 66 coupons - maybe that might help you two use up yours?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback