The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    CazzieLT said:
    Wow, I'm very late to the party, look at you all here already! Thank you enthusiasticsaver for starting a thread for this challenge for 2023 - please may I join again? xxx
    Lovely to see so many savers from previous years.  I am afraid number 13 has already gone so you are number 53.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 31 December 2022 at 6:03PM
    Options
    So I've made a start as not sure if I will get round to posting/doing it on Jan1st & 2nd. I've started one from each end....if that makes sense, so #12 checking in with  £3.66 in the pot so far.  Then next week I can sit down and look at it & decide it its going to be easier to do it weekly/daily etc.
    Good luck everybody.
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £14.55
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £90.36/£155            
    NSDs May 9/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Happy New Years Eve to you all. 

I have pinched @Milki s idea and added £2.05 to my starling 1p penny challenge savings space today so hopefully will end up with £670 this time next year. 

However you intend to save whether forwards, backwards or random I wish you all the very best for the challenge.  You can either let me know what month you are reporting for or if saving randomly I will assume it will be for the current month unless told otherwise.

I am going to pick a different month and will start with June as I have roughly £50 I want to save in January.  I have my sheet ready to be coloured in too.  

If you are staying up to see the New Years Eve in tonight then have a good evening.  DH and I are entertained out after having family visit for the last 10 days so plan a quiet night with the TV, wine, left over snacks and Fishermans friends film on Netflix hopefully followed by the fireworks.  Happy New Years Eve to you all. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    So I've made a start as not sure if I will get round to posting/doing it on Jan1st & 2nd. I've started one from each end....if that makes sense, so #12 checking in with  £3.66 in the pot so far.  Then next week I can sit down and look at it & decide it its going to be easier to do it weekly/daily etc.
    Good luck everybody.
    That does make sense.  I will put 1p in January then and £3.65 in December.  Are you saving actual cash in a pot or doing a virtual savings pot? 
  • Makingabobor2
    Options
    Good luck everybody.
    That does make sense.  I will put 1p in January then and £3.65 in December.  Are you saving actual cash in a pot or doing a virtual savings pot? 
    I'm saving it in savings account, so will just transfer it over every day from my current account. Not sure yet if it will be done in right order or backwards....will see how it pans out. I'll make sure I let you know when I post though. 
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £14.55
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £90.36/£155            
    NSDs May 9/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• CazzieLT
    Options
    CazzieLT said:
    Wow, I'm very late to the party, look at you all here already! Thank you enthusiasticsaver for starting a thread for this challenge for 2023 - please may I join again? xxx
    Lovely to see so many savers from previous years.  I am afraid number 13 has already gone so you are number 53.
    Thank you very much for having me again and for my number! All set up with a freshly empty account ready to deposit my £3.65 tomorrow (I work in reverse so it gets easier each day!) 

Happy saving, everyone! xxx
    Flat Deposit Fund - £30,000 / Fees Fund - £5,000
    Furniture Fund - £3,000 / White Goods Fund - £3,000 / Flooring Fund - £3,000
    Emergency Fund - £6,000
    366 Day Penny Challenge for 2024 - £432.90/£671.61 (Holiday Fund)
    £2 Savers Club for 2024 - £56/£200 (Christmas Fund)
    52 Week Card Challenge for 2024 - £191/£400 (Fun Fund)
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,936 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy new year.  I found a penny down the sofa as I was tidying up before going to bed.  So that is Jan 1 sorted (not a formal report back ES) 
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Anna_v
    Anna_v Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    CazzieLT said:
    Please can I join, a first timer! Would like to save for Christmas 2023.
    I am finding it difficult to navigate the site…couldn’t find how to post a message so have put comment on here…sorry.
    Thank you.
    Anna_v
  • baser999
    baser999 Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2023 at 12:25PM
    Options
    Another first-timer here. Wondering whether to put all 28pence in for this week, or to just choose random amounts off the chart 🤔 Decisions decisions so early into the New Year.
    Sorry, forgot to ask, could you add me in, thank you
  • BigSpender2_2
    BigSpender2_2 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 1 January 2023 at 1:10PM
    Options
    First 1p payment made, ticked off list:)

Save £12k in 2023 Challenge £12,000/£1,620
    The 365 day 1p Challenge 2023 Saver number 52 £667.95/£72.60
    CC debt 1/1/23 8385.21 

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills