The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• Blackberrycurved
    Options
    Quick question where do I find my signature to change on my lap top 
    DF by 2023 No 17 £1,644 /£6000 Total debt £18,000 at the start of DFW Journey. 201814TH JULY 2021 DEBT FREE now in control365 1p challenge No 49
  • Hey everyone #6 here going in with Junes figure of £49.95
    I assume you mean Decembers figure unless I have lost 6 months somewhere?  ;) Spreadsheet updated. 
    I meant the total that would be need to saved in June lol. I'm doing it out of sync to what I can afford each month.
    Debt Free Journey Began December 2022

Total Debt Repaid- £16,480.47/£66,133.42

Current Debt-£49,656.59

My Debt Free Wannabe Diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6411146/the-final-bite-of-the-cherry-journey-to-clear-66k#latest

• Arwen
    Arwen Posts: 171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Arwen said:
    Can I please join? I start every year and then give up. This year I'm determined to see it through 
    Yes of course you may join and you are number 50. 

What has sent you off track in previous years?  Knowing why you give up is the first step to success.  It is also important to give yourself a break and realise just because you mess up for one or two months (if that is what happened) getting back on track is the way to go rather than give up. Getting past the finishing line is the main thing even if you have to reduce your target.  
    I can tell you that. I put it in tins. Tins annoyed me because they were sealed so by April,  I was opening them. Created pots on Monzo instead so I can see it build up.😊
    Debts :Paypal £1981.32
    Monzo Loan £4278.16
    Virgin CC £2137 0% until Dec 23
    HSBC £5471.01 0% until Feb 2025
    Emergency pot £404.47/2500
    1p Savings Challenge £1.45/660
    52 week Savings: £22.00/1400

• BigSpender2_2
    Options
    Hello @enthusiasticsaver

Could you please add me to the 1p a day - will try to transfer the cash every day to Starling...
    Thanks
    Chris

Save £12k in 2023 Challenge £12,000/£1,620
    The 365 day 1p Challenge 2023 Saver number 52 £667.95/£72.60
    CC debt 1/1/23 8385.21 

• CazzieLT
    CazzieLT Posts: 348 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow, I'm very late to the party, look at you all here already! Thank you enthusiasticsaver for starting a thread for this challenge for 2023 - please may I join again? xxx
    Flat Deposit Fund - £30,000 / Fees Fund - £5,000
    Furniture Fund - £3,000 / White Goods Fund - £3,000 / Flooring Fund - £3,000
    Emergency Fund - £6,000
    366 Day Penny Challenge for 2024 - £405.96/£671.61 (Holiday Fund)
    £2 Savers Club for 2024 - £56/£200 (Christmas Fund)
    52 Week Card Challenge for 2024 - £168/£400 (Fun Fund)
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Hello,

Can I join please? 

I think I will do it backwards. 

XX 
    Welcome Buffy and I note you will do the challenge backwards. Lovely to see you on here.  I have followed your diary for years although do not often comment on it.  You are number 51
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Quick question where do I find my signature to change on my lap top 
    Just go to edit profile then signature settings to edit your signature. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Hey everyone #6 here going in with Junes figure of £49.95
    I assume you mean Decembers figure unless I have lost 6 months somewhere?  ;) Spreadsheet updated. 
    I meant the total that would be need to saved in June lol. I'm doing it out of sync to what I can afford each month.
    Ah yes that makes sense so I have recorded the £49.95 for June.  That is actually a really good idea so I may pinch that and pay in the same in  January as I was going for £50 anyway. Less complicated than my idea of adding a few months together then adding a random day to make a round number. Well done. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Milki said:
    Morning! I decided to start yesterday as I wanted to round up to £670, so I have put £2.05 into the pot!
    Great start and I have pinched your idea and done the same.  I like round numbers. £2.05 added to the spreadsheet for December for you. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Hello @enthusiasticsaver

Could you please add me to the 1p a day - will try to transfer the cash every day to Starling...
    Thanks
    Chris
    I have added you as number 52.  I am using starling savings spaces too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure