🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• danny13579
    danny13579 Posts: 417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please can you add me? January 1st to December 31st. I'll be using a random number generator to pick random numbers between 1 and 365 each day and storing the money in a high interest easy access account, so I end up with more than the £667.95 at the end of the year when the interest is added each month. I'll report my amounts at the end of each month. Good luck everyone!!
  • jaxsmar
    jaxsmar Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 January 2023 at 7:05PM
    Options
    Happy new year to everyone.

# 26 - £55.00  o:) left over from last year's challenge.
    Penny wise pound foolish. 366 days 1p challenge 2020 ✓ 2021 2022 2023 completed.
    No.13 1p a day challenge 2024
    No. 24 52 week savings challenge.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,719 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    54Anna_v
    55baser999
    56Racheljaa
    57jak
    58~FlowerPot~
    59danny13579

Here are the numbers of all the new joiners today.  Almost up to 60!!  Welcome to all.  
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    mark55man said:
    Happy new year.  I found a penny down the sofa as I was tidying up before going to bed.  So that is Jan 1 sorted (not a formal report back ES) 
    Good start @mark55man :)  Are you intending to report at the end of each month?  I assume you are going forward starting with January? 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Anna_v said:
    CazzieLT said:
    Wow, I'm very late to the party, look at you all here already! Thank you enthusiasticsaver for starting a thread for this challenge for 2023 - please may I join again? xxx
    Lovely to see so many savers from previous years.  I am afraid number 13 has already gone so you are number 53.
    Please can I join, a first timer! Would like to save for Christmas 2023.
    I am finding it difficult to navigate the site…couldn’t find how to post a message so have put comment on here…sorry.
    Thank you.
    Anna_v
    That is fine @Anna_v .  I have allocated 54 to you.  Sorry you having problems navigating the site.  Any questions just ask.  
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Racheljaa said:
    Hi, can I join in please? Sounds like a great way to save that might actually be possible for me :-) Will look out a jar later and save the old-fashioned way.
    Welcome and yes you can save any way which works for you.  I have allocated you the number 56 just to help me when you report monthly or whenever. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    baser999 said:
    Another first-timer here. Wondering whether to put all 28pence in for this week, or to just choose random amounts off the chart 🤔 Decisions decisions so early into the New Year.
    Sorry, forgot to ask, could you add me in, thank you
    Yes, lots of different ways of saving so hope you managed to decide in the end ;) 

I have allocated you number 55 and added you to the list.  

Welcome :)
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    First 1p payment made, ticked off list:)
    Well done. 

Are you intending to report at the end of the month with all payments in total for that month?  
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Milki said:
    Happy New Year!
    I've added £1.10 to my pot for today.

I think I will just do random amounts each day, colour in my chart a different colour for each month to keep track of how much I manage to save and update at the end of each month if that makes sense?! Mine is in a sealed pot so I can't 'see' what I'm saving so thought a chart is the best way to watch it grow.
    That makes perfect sense @Milki .  I will update the spreadsheet at the end of the month for you.  Good start. 
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    jak said:
    Can I join please? 
    Thank you,
    JAK
    x
    Yes of course.  

You are number 57
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport