The 365 Day 1p Challenge 2023

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Hey everyone #6 here going in with Junes figure of £49.95
    I assume you mean Decembers figure unless I have lost 6 months somewhere?  ;) Spreadsheet updated. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Abigail16
    Options
    Hello There! Please can I join. I need some discipline with saving. Thank you!

Kind regards
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Abigail16 said:
    Hello There! Please can I join. I need some discipline with saving. Thank you!

Kind regards
    Of course you can  join and good luck with the challenge.  Hopefully we will be able to keep you on track.  Your number is 48 for reporting purposes.  
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Well our numbers are increasing every day so thank you all for the interest shown in the challenge.  

Last day of December tomorrow so anyone who wants to report for this month (those who started early) feel free to let me know the monthly amount for DECEMBER and I will update the spreadsheet.  

It is interesting to hear that you all plan on saving differently and however you intend to complete the challenge good luck to everybody and look forward to hearing about your progress through the year. 

A reminder to all to post updates in bold so they easily stand out. 

My chart is printed up and ready to be ticked off.  Our pensions go in on 1st of the month so that is the day I usually do our money shuffle into various accounts and will do the same with this savings challenge.  I just have to work out what days add up to £50 as that is the amount I have fixed on for January. 

Have a good evening everyone. 

• Blackberrycurved
    Options
    Can I join again please? I saved the full amount for Christmas woo woo but ended up giving my daughter some money and paying a big vet's bill but anyway it was great because at least I had the money. I will download the sheet and begin saving on the 1st. I love this thread and looking forward to getting a number .
    DF by 2023 No 17 £1,644 /£6000 Total debt £18,000 at the start of DFW Journey. 201814TH JULY 2021 DEBT FREE now in control365 1p challenge No 49
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Can I join again please? I saved the full amount for Christmas woo woo but ended up giving my daughter some money and paying a big vet's bill but anyway it was great because at least I had the money. I will download the sheet and begin saving on the 1st. I love this thread and looking forward to getting a number .
    Well done on completing this years challenge and glad you had the money there to help your daughter and pay the vet at an expensive time of year.  

You are number 49 for 2023. 
  • Arwen
    Arwen Posts: 171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I please join? I start every year and then give up. This year I'm determined to see it through 
    Debts :Paypal £1981.32
    Monzo Loan £4278.16
    Virgin CC £2137 0% until Dec 23
    HSBC £5471.01 0% until Feb 2025
    Emergency pot £404.47/2500
    1p Savings Challenge £1.45/660
    52 week Savings: £22.00/1400

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Arwen said:
    Can I please join? I start every year and then give up. This year I'm determined to see it through 
    Yes of course you may join and you are number 50. 

What has sent you off track in previous years?  Knowing why you give up is the first step to success.  It is also important to give yourself a break and realise just because you mess up for one or two months (if that is what happened) getting back on track is the way to go rather than give up. Getting past the finishing line is the main thing even if you have to reduce your target.  
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Hello,

Can I join please? 

I think I will do it backwards. 

XX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • Milki
    Milki Posts: 55 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 December 2022 at 8:38AM
    Options
    Morning! I decided to start yesterday as I wanted to round up to £670, so I have put £2.05 into the pot!
    £2 Saving Club 2024 #3 £2.00/£300
    1p Challenge 2024 #14 Total £55.00/£670
    Save £10 a week 2024 Total £0.00/£520
    Cashback site earnings 2024 £0.00
    Ebay Earnings 2024 £0
    Sealed Pot Challenge 17 #25 Total £3.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income