IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bailiff Knocked on the door yesterday

Options

Comments

• JacksSon
    JacksSon Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    JacksSon said:
    Like KeithP, I too have never seen a writ

I was under the impression that a writ must be signed by an official of the court and stamped. Is this the only page ?
    Yep this is the only page. However there is a stamp on it. Please look closer to left up corner 
    I cannot see any stamp and I have opened the image in a new browser.
    As Keith P says, this is all too quick

What proof do you have that DCBL knew your current address before they issued a claim
    at a different address ?

May I suggest that you search for real life cases on youtube. use keywords ... bailiffs, writs, etc
    Hope the crop will be visible.
    Proof, letters (hardcopy and emails) from them for a different case + Enforcement letter. Both on my actual address
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, I can just about make out 27 OCT 2022 in there...

• JacksSon
    Options
    KeithP said:

Sorry about poor quality. Should buy a new scanner
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JacksSon said:
    KeithP said:

Sorry about poor quality. Should buy a new scanner
    If you've a smart phone, take a pic and post it up.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • JacksSon
    Options
    On paper is not great either but still better
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

I was under the impression that a writ must be signed by an official of the court and stamped. Is this the only page ?

No that isnt true
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • patient_dream
    Options
    JacksSon said:
    JacksSon said:

Yep this is the only page. However there is a stamp on it. Please look closer to left up corner 
    I cannot see any stamp and I have opened the image in a new browser.
    As Keith P says, this is all too quick

What proof do you have that DCBL knew your current address before they issued a claim
    at a different address ?

May I suggest that you search for real life cases on youtube. use keywords ... bailiffs, writs, etc
    Hope the crop will be visible.
    Proof, letters (hardcopy and emails) from them for a different case + Enforcement letter. Both on my actual address
    You are saying that DCBL knew to which they confirmed 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 November 2022 at 4:01AM
    Options
    That is a real Writ Of Control.

IMHO, it seems to me that what DCB Group are currently doing is:

(a) ensuring that multi-PCN claims so high that they exceed the £600 level to enable HCEO enforcement if they can get a CCJ;

(b) This can be achieved by something as simple as delaying a claim for a year or three, so that the 8% interest plus the multiples of £70 take it above the magic £600;

(c) plus DELIBERATELY OR NEGLIGENTLY using what they know - or should know - is an old address to improperly serve the claim, as this OP says: "DCBL knew my actual address but the CCJ states the address from 2019 that i have moved out twice since then."

Easy money.

They are then not waiting AT ALL after a CCJ order because the rules are different at HCEO level (albeit I thought they could ONLY add £75 +VAT at the first Enforcement stage)?

@Grizebeck what are all the fees added to that writ?  I thought the D had time to pay, and I thought even HCEOs can only add £75 + VAT as a first stage Enforcement Fee at writ stage?

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 November 2022 at 10:24PM
    Options
    As seen in @SoJacob's similar case, this can be set aside and the monies refunded.

If you had already applied to stay the Writ I don't think DCB could add attendance fees and take £1600. I think they had to stop once they knew about staying the Writ, but I could be wrong.

You had already paid £14 to the CCBC to stay the Writ, plus £275 to the local court to set aside the CCJ, hadn't you, @JacksSon?

Was the claim sent to the old address but the Writ (magically) sent to the new address?

Did you get a Notice of Enforcement first?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JacksSon
    Options
    As seen in @SoJacob's similar case, this can be set aside and the monies refunded.

If you had already applied to stay the Writ I don't think DCB could add attendance fees and take £1600. I think they had to stop once they knew this but I could be wrong.

You had already paid £14 to the CCBC to stay the Writ, plus £275 to the local court to set aside the CCJ, hadn't you, @JacksSon?
    Absolutely. Stay the writ paid on 4th of November (have copy of receipt) and Set Aside on 11th (no copy provided unfortunately). Moreover on 7th of November i've sent to DCBL next:
    "To whom it may concern,
    Hereby i would like to inform you that: 
    1)  I am seeking debt advice but I deny any debt and the case must be put 'on hold' for not less than 30 days under the PAP for debt claims 2017
    2) I have sent your client a SAR
    3) all mail should be addressed to XXX (actual address)

Perhaps this email was supposed to be sent before CCJ (if i knew) but i just let them know that i have made some actions and intending to dispute
    Please let me know if i've messed up with this one!!!

Many thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure