IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bailiff Knocked on the door yesterday

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 February 2023 at 2:38PM
    Options
    JacksSon said:
    This is ridiculous now, the case hearing has been moved to 16th of October this year :/ 9 months from now. Is there any procedure to push this earlier?
    Ring the local court and point out this is an application to set aside an unfair CCJ, where time is of the essence.  Ask if the urgency has been overlooked as these applications are usually fast-tracked and this seems wrong for the case.

Be polite but insistent and if you get an unhelpful fob-off person answering, quietly insist in speaking to the Court Manager to complain.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JacksSon
    JacksSon Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    JacksSon said:
    This is ridiculous now, the case hearing has been moved to 16th of October this year :/ 9 months from now. Is there any procedure to push this earlier?
    Ring the local court and point out this is an application to set aside an unfair CCJ, where time is of the essence.  Ask if the urgency has been overlooked as these applications are usually fast-tracked and this seems wrong for the case.

Be polite but insistent and if you get an unhelpful fob-off person answering, quietly insist in speaking to the Court Manager to complain.
    Thank you. Thank you, it will be super hard to keep calm :)))
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 February 2023 at 5:08PM
    Options
    Shoes on for important calls (somehow it helps).  Stand up for the call.  Not sitting on a sofa.

Deep breaths if you start to get annoyed!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Courts have targets they should hit for hearings
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • JacksSon
    Options
    Hi, an update. Finally spoke to them today. They won't make any changes by phone, however (as told by agent on the phone) i might write an enquiry by email. Same procedure for complaints
  • JacksSon
    Options
    Shoes on for important calls (somehow it helps).  Stand up for the call.  Not sitting on a sofa.

Deep breaths if you start to get annoyed!
    Hi, i'm looking to draw/send a complaint letter to the Court (same reason, to change the date) again. Could you please advise me on how to start (kindly ish), and what should i include in the letter? (Not confident in my "Legal language" skills) 
    Also, there are 3 ways of submitting the complaint: hard copy, e-mail and an application directly on webpage. Could you suggest me which one is more effective? (i have sent one through their webpage but still no answer or effect)

Many thanks 
  • JacksSon
    Options
    Grizebeck said:
    Courts have targets they should hit for hearings
    hope they will change the date but not too positive about it.
    Say, my CCJ is dated with 20th October and bailiff took the money on 11th November (less that 30 days grace period) and there is still record on judgment. In your opinion, will CCBC remove it from records if ill call them and provide proof of payment?
    thank you  
  • Boat_to_Bolivia
    Boat_to_Bolivia Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 March 2023 at 8:53PM
    Options
    I don't want to appear blunt, but the last time you posted was 13/02.

You were advised by CM to ring the court on 03/02 and stress the urgency of this case. You did, but reported on the 13/03 that you were unsuccessful.

What happened between then and now?

All I can say is in your shoes I would not have sat on my hands, I would have pursued every avenue open to me to get the court date changed.

You can write, your posts are testament to that, so email the facts and ask why your case has been allocated a date so far in the future when it is an urgent CCJ set aside. 

• JacksSon
    Options
    I don't want to appear blunt, but the last time you posted was 13/02.

You were advised by CM to ring the court on 03/02 and stress the urgency of this case. You did, but reported on the 13/03 that you were unsuccessful.

What happened between then and now?

All I can say is in your shoes I would not have sat on my hands, I would have pursued every avenue open to me to get the court date changed.

You can write, your posts are testament to that, so email the facts and ask why your case has been allocated a date so far in the future when it is an urgent CCJ set aside. 

i have called next day. Waited 1.5 hours on phone (no one answered). Few days skipped due to work conditions.
    Same week  wrote an email asking why they have chosen a late date - no answer. Waited another week as every time you write them - have to wait few days for an answer (and nothing). Called again and voila, spoked to someone that have advised to write an email to the court... (you know this as i have updated this)
    Waited 3 days, then wrote a complaint (their online form), actually i have copy paste a previous complaint from November. 
    Zero reaction
    Had a flight to the home country for little while due to funerals ( family member). 
    A month is not enough for waiting ?
    Don't want to be funny, but only in UK complaints don't work. AT ALL. I mean AT ALL

Zero fu.k being given from government. You have right to defend yourself ? HAHAHHAHAH
    You have right to write a complaint haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhah, 
    you have right? where? in UK? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahha
    it is all about £
    Google: The United Kingdom, famously and almost uniquely, does not have a constitution - !!!!!!!
  • JacksSon
    Options
    All i do is pointless. THX to all for kind words and being in the group!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback