IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bailiff Knocked on the door yesterday

Options

Comments

• mich598
    mich598 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JacksSon said:
    All i do is pointless. THX to all for kind words and being in the group!
    Courts been doing this to my case since early 2020..
    A text message the day before court date stating the case has been stood out due to lack of judicial time.
    How long have you been waiting?

• JacksSon
    JacksSon Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    mich598 said:
    JacksSon said:
    All i do is pointless. THX to all for kind words and being in the group!
    Courts been doing this to my case since early 2020..
    A text message the day before court date stating the case has been stood out due to lack of judicial time.
    How long have you been waiting?

A couple of months since i have received the postpone letter, and 7 still to the X day
  • JacksSon
    Options
    Hi peeps!!!! Hope you are all well today.

Quick question: "bailiff took monies within 30 days from CCJ (on 25th day). Technically speaking, the court should have been deleted the CCJ from registry already. I have addressed this to claimant but they said that, no update to the court regarding payment has been made yet as there is a set aside application in place". Now does anybody know if they have the right to keep that information from court? If yes, where can i find the related regulation ? (i would like to take a close look at that)

Big thank you
  • JacksSon
    Options
    Any suggestions? 
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2023 at 7:04PM
    Options
    Why haven't you sent proof of payment to the court?
    You have a receipt don't you?

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JacksSon said:
    Any suggestions? 

Sorry, I have no idea other contacting the court.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • JacksSon
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Why haven't you sent proof of payment to the court?
    You have a receipt don't you?

Honestly i did, Looooong time ago (months ago)
    this is what they have sent me back:
    "Good morning,

Thank you for your enquiry,

We have taken notice of your email, but I am afraid I will have to wait for confirmation from the claimants solicitor to be able to process this."

After this message i have written to claimant

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2023 at 8:29PM
    Options
    Complain to the solicitors and tell them you will report them to the SRA for:

- sending the case to their own bailiff arm prematurely, knowing that a false 3 figure sum would be added in top (which exceeded the £75 legal maximum) and knowing that this was still within the first 30 days where the Court had ordered £xxx be paid (which would remove the CCJ) and

- knowing that the wrong address had been used (improper service of the claim was known within 30 days of judgment) but still allowing their legal/bailiff Group to excessively profit from that, and

- refusing to accept and make it possible for the Defendant to pay the sum ordered by the court, and

- refusing to confirm to the court that the sum had been paid in full (plus an extortionate add-on for their Group) within 30 days, which has caused the Defendant's credit rating to remain trashed for x months.  Even when the Defendant asked, they still refused (see evidence).

- add anything else that the solicitor did that breaches the SRA standards (Google them...).

Give the solicitor 14 days to respond to your complaint.  After which you will make a formal SRA complaint.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • JacksSon
    Options
    Complain to the solicitors and tell them you will report them to the SRA for:

- sending the case to their own bailiff arm prematurely, knowing that a false 3 figure sum would be added in top (which exceeded the £75 legal maximum) and knowing that this was still within the first 30 days where the Court had ordered £xxx be paid (which would remove the CCJ) and

- knowing that the wrong address had been used (improper service of the claim was known within 30 days of judgment) but still allowing their legal/bailiff Group to excessively profit from that, and

- refusing to confirm to the court that the sum had been paid in full (plus an extortionate add-on) within 30 days, which has caused the Defendant's credit rating to remain trashed for x months.

WOW , this is AAWESOME.  Thank you Coupon-mad. If they went against the law with hiding information from court (which i'm pretty sure), then i've got an idea, that would change the whole situation (perhaps will help many other people in the group). I just need to read the law/rule/regulation about the procedure of payment and after, rights and obligations of each party. I bet there should be something about !
  • JacksSon
    Options
    Perhaps Johnersh might suggest something, but i'm struggling to get to him. I would much appreciate if anybody could drag his attention on my query !!!!!!!!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback