No address for ex, therefore no hope of maintenance.

Options

Comments

• NornIronRose
    Options
    Just a wee update. Sadly the CPS have decided not to charge but we just have to face that and deal with it. 
    According to him he hasn't had an address as he has been living in his car or sofa surfing for the past 14 months. Each time the bail was almost coming to an end, he was expecting to just come back home. 

What can I say? Anyway, we still don't have an address as he is determined to move back in. I have repeatedly told him that he needs to find somewhere else to live, even a room. 
    Child maintenance will not start any claim still, until they have a 'confident address'.
    So the longer he manages to not have one, the better for him. 
    He wants to come to a separate agreement to give me child support but it is about 40% of what he should be paying. And frankly, I don't trust him, even though he thinks that is laughable. 
    Anyway, TLDR, still no address and no hope of any back payment for the past 14 months. 
  • tightauldgit
    tightauldgit Posts: 2,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just a wee update. Sadly the CPS have decided not to charge but we just have to face that and deal with it. 
    According to him he hasn't had an address as he has been living in his car or sofa surfing for the past 14 months. Each time the bail was almost coming to an end, he was expecting to just come back home. 

What can I say? Anyway, we still don't have an address as he is determined to move back in. I have repeatedly told him that he needs to find somewhere else to live, even a room. 
    Child maintenance will not start any claim still, until they have a 'confident address'.
    So the longer he manages to not have one, the better for him. 
    He wants to come to a separate agreement to give me child support but it is about 40% of what he should be paying. And frankly, I don't trust him, even though he thinks that is laughable. 
    Anyway, TLDR, still no address and no hope of any back payment for the past 14 months. 
    Take what he is offering you even if its 40% of what you are due. You can make a CMS claim at any point but until you can claim something 40% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Have you tried your MP? It seems ridiculous that CMS would not consider his employer's address enough and would rather leave you without child support. 
  • NornIronRose
    Options
    Thanks TAG. Got a letter from the CMS the other day to say they are closing the claim. 
    Pity I can't use a court bailiff to serve papers on him. Have asked for non mol and occupation orders which the bailiffs will serve. Would be great if this could be with it. 

Will investigate the idea of speaking to my MP. Hadn't thought of that. 

• remonewbie
    Options
    So you don't want him any contact with his child but still want his money?
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a read of this new posters only other post.  Talk about pot calling kettle.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,719 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    The money is for the child they both have.
    Absent parents still have an obligation to support their children.
  • remonewbie
    Options
    badmemory said:
    Have a read of this new posters only other post.  Talk about pot calling kettle.
    Your point is?
  • NornIronRose
    Options
    As Pollycat says, even absent parents have a financial obligation to their children. He will not have access to his daughter. That is because of his abusive behaviour. Not because I am being vindictive. 
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 February 2023 at 12:33AM
    Options
    remonewbie wants to use the remo system to get her ex to pay for the child they had, who has obviously no access being in another country & does want his money.  Do not be drawn in.  You are right, do not even look at this sort of criticism.
  • NornIronRose
    Options
    Thanks badmemory. I agree that it is not worth the time to get drawn into rubbish conversations such as this. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback