We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
We will get this debt down & the savings up
Comments
-
Yes, I gave up with them, they are too slow
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 64.19
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 443/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 22 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up0 -
✅️ Hoover/ wash dishes/ make bed
✅️ Washing done & pegged out
✅️ Gym
✅️ 2 reduced plants from garden centre
✅️ Fill up car.....169.7 a litre😱😱
✅️ Couple of of surveys
Now to get in garden & see what I can get done.
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 64.19
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 443/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 22 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up1 -
That price isn’t bad compared to where I live. Passed one garage where it was £1.99 a litre.
:j Debtfree and and staying that way.:j3-6 month emergency fund, No.61 £140.001 -
OMG! Its getting silly now, isn't it?
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 64.19
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 443/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 22 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up0 -
We’re in France at the moment and its €2.32 [about £2 a litre!]
0 -
Oh my, that's awful
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 64.19
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 443/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 22 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up0 -
At the nearest petrol station to us, petrol was 1.69 when we drove past at 9am this morning & by the time we drove back home at 1.15pm, it had gone up to 1.72! 3p per litre increase in a single morning!
2026's challenges: 1) To rebuild our Emergency Fund to at least £5k.
2) To read 50 books (12/50) 3) The Re-Shrinking of Foxgloves 8.1kg/30kg
Remember....if you have to put it on a credit card, extend your overdraft or take out a loan to buy whatever it is, you probably can't afford it, as that's not your money, it's somebody else's!2 -
Oh my,that really is bad
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 64.19
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 443/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 22 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up0 -
What is the name of your clematis? I used to work in a clematis nursery (although I was in the office & not involved with growing them). However, I still have a couple of books written by an expert that I worked with, so may be able to suggest the reason for your lack of flowers.
Regarding your GW subscription - when I cancel a subscription, I make sure I cancel it with my bank as well.
KA
0 -
@kayannie , I have no idea what it is called. I stupidly binned the little tag on it once I'd planted it. All I know is it had purple & white flowers on the picture
Making the debt go down and savings go up
LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down
Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 18mths ahead of schedule.Challenges
EF £290/3000
Studies/surveys October £ 64.19
Decluttering items 1400/2025. 443/2026
Books read 2025/23 2026- 22 (target is 52)
Jigsaws done 20 in 2025. 5 in 2026
My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


