We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

We will get this debt down & the savings up

1…134135136137138140»

Comments

  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 5,002 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Quick update as I hate being online in the evening, but had to go onto FB to wish my DS a happy birthday. How can he possibly be 50???

    Anyway, in other news, I have found a SC and ordered via TCB at A*g*s. I really liked the Cr*ckP0t but wanted a manual and not digital and they didn't have a power light, which I prefer….especially as I can be so dozy sometimes and forget to switch it off….LOL . So ended up ordering a C00kW0rks . Decided to try the big one so I can batch cook and also fit a whole chicken or large gammon joint in it. Am picking it up tomorrow after I go to the gym.

    We both had our flu jabs yesterday and both felt quite weird after for a bit. By the time I got home I felt really sicky and lightheaded and had to take paracetamol. DH had gone straight to work after his, and said he felt the same. Didn't feel right for the rest of the day really and even today I was a bit lacking in energy. Hopefully feeling better now, apart from my arm sill hurts. I think my arms are too thin and I don't have enough fat on them…LOL

    Today I managed a few P/fc studies and am at over £60 already this month….long may it continue. I didn't do much housework today as didn't feel so good, but I did tidy out the c*** drawer in the kitchen. Got rid of a few bits and gave it a good clean out. So that is the start I needed to motivate me to get on with the other drawers and cupboards. I am going to make a list of all the jobs we can do over the winter when we don't get in the garden so much…want to paint the kitchen cupboards again, as DH put it on so thin, its chipping already and he only did it last year. We still have some paint left, so will give it another coat. Also we want to paint the upstairs doors, they are the white paneled sort. Also would quite like to paint the bit under the lounge window outside, before the winter. Will see if I can get DH motivated to do that in the next couple of weeks if weather is dry. Will need to buy some paint for that though.

    Another thing I want to do is dig out the carpet cleaner and shampoo them before Christmas, but its a job I hate and I really have to give myself a kick up the backside to do it. But I can clean & tidy the understairs cupboard at the same time…maybe throw out some of DH's rubbish….he has 4 pairs of motorbike boots in there….I mean really??? How does 1 man need that many?

    Well that's all for now. Have a good night

    Making the debt go down and savings go up

    LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £25,664....its going down

     Mortgage Free December 9th 2024! 
    18mths ahead of schedule.  

    Challenges

    EF  £290/3000


    Studies/surveys October £ 64.19

    Decluttering items 1400/
    2025.  443/2026
    Books read   2025/23   2026- 22 (target is 52)  
    Jigsaws done  20 in 2025.  5 in 2026

    My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-d£own-the-savings-up


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.