Spectos/Royal Mail Monitoring and Posting Panel

Options

Comments

• NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    silvercar said:
    Rewards promise to be a book of stamps a month plus points for every item you post and every item you receive. Points will lead to payouts of some form, but that doesn’t seem to be a great amount.
    At the moment - I'm getting one or two items in and one out each week - so about 100 points. When you reach 2500 points you cash out for e.g. Amazon vouchers worth £25. So at that rate - you have to complete the six-month cycle to get any vouchers.  As discussed above - the books of stamps are not yet appearing.

but you can leave at any time via an option in the app.
    Whether that would mean cashing out whatever points you have or losing them is yet to be seen.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,914 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    NBLondon said:
    silvercar said:
    Rewards promise to be a book of stamps a month plus points for every item you post and every item you receive. Points will lead to payouts of some form, but that doesn’t seem to be a great amount.
    At the moment - I'm getting one or two items in and one out each week - so about 100 points. When you reach 2500 points you cash out for e.g. Amazon vouchers worth £25. So at that rate - you have to complete the six-month cycle to get any vouchers.  As discussed above - the books of stamps are not yet appearing.

but you can leave at any time via an option in the app.
    Whether that would mean cashing out whatever points you have or losing them is yet to be seen.
    Have they said what the voucher options and points needed to reach them are yet? I couldn't see when I last looked.  I'm also concerned about nearly getting to the right number of points then losing them for some reason? 
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • pallyman
    pallyman Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thinking of applying,but does any one know if there will be parcels to post & how many points for them ,thanks.
  • Annft
    Annft Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi just a quick question please,  received a Business Reply envelope to post, when it says 'postage amount' do I just put the usual first class amount? just a little unsure if this is the same as a normal letter.
    many thanks
  • NBLondon
    Options
    elsien said:
    Have they said what the voucher options and points needed to reach them are yet? I couldn't see when I last looked.  I'm also concerned about nearly getting to the right number of points then losing them for some reason? 
    FAQ 4.2 says "once you reach a balance of 2,500 points you can donate your points for charity or redeem them for gift of vouchers" {sic}

Then https://mailagents.uk/   says  "As a thank you for your participation in the Royal Mail survey, you will receive points that you can redeem to obtain a variety of exciting rewards. These include shopping vouchers for premium partners such as Amazon, Spotify, Costa, adidas, Marks & Spencer, Tesco, Apple, and many more! On top of this, you will receive 1st class stamp packs from Royal Mail once a month. " 
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Annft said:
    Hi just a quick question please,  received a Business Reply envelope to post, when it says 'postage amount' do I just put the usual first class amount? just a little unsure if this is the same as a normal letter.
    many thanks

I would assume so given we only have one set of prices to choose from.
    2020 Wins:
  • NBLondon
    Options
    I don't know if it's backlog from strikes or just a local issue but everything is late in the last 3 or 4 weeks.  Today was my first postal delivery of the week - 15 items!  A couple of them were 1st class letters postmarked 27th and 29th Oct.

I also got my next Spectos bundle to go out and I'm glad they ask us to scan and datestamp arrival of the bundles as this one should have gone out on 20th Oct.  So I'll nip out with that later to catch the last post.  Also an incoming Spectos item 2nd class postmarked 4th Nov.

Hope RM get the data broken down by postcode area and can see what's hjappening.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NBLondon said:
    I don't know if it's backlog from strikes or just a local issue but everything is late in the last 3 or 4 weeks.  Today was my first postal delivery of the week - 15 items!  A couple of them were 1st class letters postmarked 27th and 29th Oct.

I also got my next Spectos bundle to go out and I'm glad they ask us to scan and datestamp arrival of the bundles as this one should have gone out on 20th Oct.  So I'll nip out with that later to catch the last post.  Also an incoming Spectos item 2nd class postmarked 4th Nov.

Hope RM get the data broken down by postcode area and can see what's hjappening.

Wow that is terrible!  I have had a few days during the strikes where I have had more mail than usual but 15??? And that Spectos bundle is really really late - sounds like there is a particular problem with the mail in your area.
    2020 Wins:
  • millie
    millie Posts: 1,445 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have only had one delivery this week with 8 items, did not look at the postmarks. one was a spectos item tha t should have been posted the day before. I know they have not been because the van they use is normally parked just down the road and I can see it. They leave it there while they walk around our Avenue which would take a least an hour.
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,259 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Most of my post from Spectos has not been franked at all so no idea how long it's been in transit
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback